October 2012 Weddings

Terrible, no good, very bad day....

Over the weekend, I was riding a friend's horse and I fell off. Nothing malicious on the horse's part, it was truly was an accident. When I hit the ground I immediately felt the most intense pain of my life in my lower back. After a trip to the emergency care center, emergency room and the orthopedic - they have determined I have a lumbar compression fracture (L1). Basically the highest bone in my lower back is squished between two other vertebrae which is inflicting an intense amount of pain on me. I was fitted for a torso brace today at the orthopedic. He has some concerns about some bone chips and wants me to get a cat scan. He said he won't discuss further plans about the wedding until he sees the cat scan but promises not to make me wear the brace on my wedding day. I'm so depressed and guilt ridden. Cry
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Terrible, no good, very bad day....

• OMG, I am SO SO SORRY to hear this....sending you lots of HEALING VIBES and strength to get through this.  I know how terrible back pain is..I injured L4-S1 2 years ago and a portable TENS unit is what saved my life and allowed me to work, etc.

Keep us updated!
    ***HAPPILY MARRIED 10-11-12*** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First and foremost, thank God you're ok!  That is so scary. 

I can't imagine that pain, and the added worry of it being so close to your wedding day.  Praying that there aren't any chips and that you have a speedy recovery.  Regardless, I'm sure you will have a beautiful wedding day.
  • *hugs* I'm sorry your in pain.  Try not to feel guilty about it - I doubt you would have been able to prevent it and stressing out about it will not help you heal.  Trust your doctor and try to relax a little.  If they haven't set up a pain management plan for you yet, they should really get on that.  You shouldn't have to sit there and be in pain. 

Good luck and I hope your doctor only brings good news from here on out.
  • It is not your fault, don't feel guilty. There is no way you could have known about this.

Maybe he can give you some good drugs for the wedding day?
    Anniversary
  • So glad you weren't injured more seriously. Have they given you any kind of pain meds to help for the time being? Sending you massive healing vibes. Hopefully if you dutifully wear the brace for the next two weeks, you'll be healed enough that you can go without it for your wedding day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh no!!  Sending good vibes your way! 
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So sorry to hear this, sending Get Well Wishes your way!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Wow so sorry to hear. Hope things get better, and you feel better soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rlr02rlr02 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for all the well wishes!!! I feel pretty good for my current conditions and I am very grateful my injuries were not more severe. I am taking an anti-inflammatory and a pain killer. And FI is taking excellent care of me! I am anxious to go to the follow up appointments to hear about my limitations for the wedding day (and night - haha)! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards