California-Northern

Russian River/Guerneville Wedding in October?

Has anyone been married at Dawn Ranch or in Russian River in general during mid-October? We're contemplating a 10/22/11 wedding, which is a headache in iteslf, but I'm also a bit weary about rain factor since it would be 100% outdoors. The average weather estimates say 75 during the day and rain is 2 inches for the whole month, but would LOVE some feedback from anyone with experience up there!

Re: Russian River/Guerneville Wedding in October?

• Kwilli80Kwilli80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been married at Dawn Ranch or in Russian River in general during mid-October? We're contemplating a 10/22/11 wedding, which is a headache in iteslf, but I'm also a bit weary about rain factor since it would be 100% outdoors. The average weather estimates say 75 during the day and rain is 2 inches for the whole month, but would LOVE some feedback from anyone with experience up there!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you get the answers you need, I am moving this to your local board. They will know what vendors/area you are talking about better than this board.

Happy Planning!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at Dawn Ranch early November last year. My friend had her entire wedding planned outside in the garden area over the bridge, but last minute it rained and everything had to be moved inside. It was kind of a bummer, the inside of the lodge is small and the dining room had to double as ceremony site and dinner. The pictures still look great though, the photographer did a good job working around the rain and mixed in some rainboots for the shots. (You can see them here: http://www.aeweddingsinc.com/giacomo)

Have you looked at Flying Cloud in Petaluma? They have a big indoor space.

Good luck!

Taylor:)
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to the Russian River Guerneville many many times. It does rain quite a bit. However it is one of the most beautiful spots I have ever been to with amazing local winery's around. Korbel champagne is out of this region. I too am thinking of holding my wedding getaway at Dawn Ranch. But we are thinking more of September of 2012. The weather is perfect at that time of year because they have Indian summers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards