Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

No Cake

My Groom and I will have a 2-layer cake for cutting, to feed the wedding party and the top layer for the 1 year anniversary.  Originally we were also going to purchase 2 sheet cakes for the guest, but is that necessary???  My sister offered to make cake pops, 3 diff flavors for each guest wrapped together with a bow.  I was thinking to have the cake pops serve as the guests cake and their favors.  What do my fellow knotties think???

Re: No Cake

• I'd always plan for enough traditional wedding cake for all guests because most people like it and some people love it and will eat a couple slices.   

• I am not a fan of serving the wedding party something different from everyone else.  If you want to have cake for the wedding party, get sheet cakes so everyone can have cake.  You can use the cake pops as favors, if you want, but don't make those the guest dessert unless it's everyone's dessert.  
  • edited January 2012
    It's viewed as rude to your guests if you serve them something different than the wedding party. It's the equivalent of giving them apple cider while you drink champagne, or serving them chicken while your wedding party dines on lobster. If you have a cake the guests should have cake too. Think about it from the guests' perspective? Wouldn't you be irked?
  • I kind of agree with the above posters. I personally LOVE wedding cake. You can get a couple of sheet cakes from Costco for $17, each serves 48 people. They have different cake flavors and filling flavors, and decorate all in white DELICIOUS frosting. Yum!
  • Thanks all, what your saying definitely makes sense.  I'm going to do the original plan of sheet cakes for the guests and cake pops for the favors.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards