African American Weddings

THANKSGIVING VENT! KINDA LONG!

IM SO PISSED!!!!! I've had this second job for about three months and its pretty good money, I'm grateful because it has allowed me to pay for my entire wedding and save for our house!!! but it just dawned on me.....i feel used and unappreciated!!!!! After a wonderful Thanksgiving I had to come and work 3rd shift,,,,I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HER I HAD TO GET OFF AT 7AM BECAUSE I HAD PLANS TO SHOP IN THE MORNING....SHE WAS LIKE "THAT'S FINE....NO PROBLEM".....so when i came in my supervisor asked me was I working this weekend,,,,said goodbye and left.....something told me to go look at the schedule.....she put me down to leave tomorrow afternoon....<<<OK THIS IS THE PART WHERE I LOOSE IT>>>,,,,YOU COULD'VE HAVE ASKED ME TO WORK LATER AND MAYBE I WOULD'VE SAID YES! BUT DON'T TAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS AND DON'T UNDERMINE ME!!!! BECAUSE SHE KNEW IF I WAS HERE I COULDN'T LEAVE UNLESS SOMEONE CAME TO RELIEVE ME......THEN I STARTED GOING OVER PAST SCHEDULES AND I HAVE WORKED EVERY HOLIDAY SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE AND EVEN MISSED MY HOMECOMING TO WORK.....

I THINK THIS MAY BE MY LAST NIGHT WORKING THIS SECOND JOB....IT SERVED ITS PURPOSE AND NOW I THINK ITS TIME FOR ME TO MOVE ON.....

Re: THANKSGIVING VENT! KINDA LONG!

• edited December 2011
    I completely understand you. I work in the ER and I was praying that no one called in tonight because I would have had to stay. If it has served it's purpose and you can live without it, then do away with it. As you stated, it served it's purpose
    Lovin Kimmie
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang!  So you couldn't go shopping?  I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm happy you had a great Thanksgiving.  I agree with pp, let the second job go if you don't need it.  You definately don't need the stress. 
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that but like you said, it served its purpose so you can move on...
  • candydipcandydip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been in that position with a job before and if it has served its purpose...feel free to move on!!!  Write them a glowing letter of appreciation and throw them the duece!!!!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards