Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Wedding venue without security

Help me! I am looking for a good cheap wedding venue without security........ or any ideassss Help!

Re: Wedding venue without security

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Crystal Lake Golf Course in Lakeville, MN. We don't need to have security because we meet the mimium qualifications to do without. I am unsure what they are but you could call and ask. Diane and Victoria are really great to work with. 

Here is the LINK

• maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What precisely is the problem with having security?

Our venue had a security guard and literally the only time he came out of his office was when we ASKED him to step in and stop a drunky mcdrunkperson from driving themselves home (because they weren't listening to us and we thought they might respond better to someone packng a taser.)
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a venue that doesn't require you to pay additional for security?  I think if you have a small enough group or don't serve alcohol... security is not required.  I think some restaurants don't require them if you host it there.
  • katyankekatyanke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO it is benefitcial to have one, actually?
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends, I guess. It can be beneficial in cases where you might have crashers, people drinking a lot, or just a large group of people that may need controlling. They can also be there to make sure things are kept generally safe. Many places require security because of liability issues and the type of licensing that they have, and this is often based on the number of people that will be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards