Second Weddings

Confusion

I married my husband feb 26th of this year...we ad origianlly wanted to do a somewhat big wedding, but an opportunity to adopt a beautiful baby girl came up and we had to move our plans waaaayyy up . we knew that we would have to be married to help to the adoption go thru alot more smoothly,and we didn't want it to seem like we just got married just to adopted the baby and since the adoption process take a lttle while to go thru we got married by a Justice of the Peace as soon as we could.

We still want to have a big wedding and figured we would continue planning like before. the question i have is if we get remarried on a different date should the first or second wedding date count as our annversary?

Re: Confusion

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't plan anything.  The adoption process can be long and complex.  Bringing a baby home adds another layer of hubbub to the mix.  Since you're already married, there is no need for a wedding.  That part is done.  Get the baby home, nest yourselves into a frenzy and have a slammin' anniversary party in a couple of years!

Good luck with the adoption!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your February wedding!  And your adoption. 

You are not getting "remarried" because you are already married - what you are doing is renewing your vows.  

The date you were married is your anniversary date - if you wish to celebrate it on a different day that is your choice. 

• CGriffith79CGriffith79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well we've had her since she was born and shes now almost 10 months.......just right now all we have is custody
  • mightyoakesmightyoakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Lisa ...
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when she is old enough to walk and she is legally only yours. (praying for you,,,soon! ) ..renew your vows with her as your flower girl...she was the reason you married so soon and she is an important part of the lives you share...

it is only fitting she should be a most important part of the ceremony!

only a suggestion.....it was the first thing I thought as I read your passage.....

Congratulations on your marriage, your new life together, and your soon to be full time always and forever daughter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards