Illinois-Chicago

DOC?

Hi Ladies,

I have been checking around for DOCs and am a little shocked at how much $$ some of them are! Can anyone give me an estimate of what they paid or are paying for their DOC?

Thank you!

Re: DOC?

• edited December 2011
    Hi there! I paid $1,000 :) Totally well worth it though
  • edited December 2011
    Hi There!
    I paid 500 for Karolina Warren of Weddings by Karolina. She was FANTASTIC and gets good reviews here. Another friend of mine used her and had the same experience.
    I cannot say enough about Karolina, she did a wonderful job on our wedding.
    See my review on her website: Steph and Stephen 9-11-10 --
    When you click on her "rates" page the pic is my son and I walking down the "aisle" at Mayslake Peabody Estate. The Chapel there, and our cake. The huge. lush bouquet is by KIO Kreations.
    Good Luck!
    www.weddingsbykarolina.com
  • edited December 2011
    Holy cow. I agree their services can be a lifesaver, but I had no idea they were paid that much.

I'd ask a friend to be my right hand & let her know what my expectations are.
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $400 for my D.O.C I am using Just Ducky Events. I knew from day one I was going to have a D.O.C. I don't want all the vendors calling me, I don't want to have to deal with them on my wedding day. I could have asked a friend but I want to have someone who knows what they are doing and has experience in this sort of thing.
  • XoXo1021XoXo1021 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies! This really helps!
  • jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I please have Just Ducky's contact info? I didn't see a website!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto the recommendation for Karolina Warren!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_doc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:777f9965-c5ea-4c9f-9800-9b53e3a10f72Post:a11639d3-a19d-4c45-903c-6b49b85e179c">Re: DOC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I please have Just Ducky's contact info? I didn't see a website!
    Posted by jg2ea[/QUOTE]

I don't think she has a website but her email is justduckyevents@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I found her website, thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking for it --

http://ww.justduckyevents.com

I might also be looking for *affordable* DOC so keep the suggestions coming!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out my Yelp review for Honeybee Weddings. We paid $1200 and DEFINITELY more than we "wanted to" or "budgeted" but it was HIGHLY worth it. http://www.yelp.com/biz/honey-bee-weddings-chicago#hrid:jb9CYThCl6r0Hv_9oGVVGg/src:self
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards