Gothic Weddings

Just for fun...

So I was talking with a few people recently and the topic of how we keep ourselves young came up. By young I mean, how do you keep yourself in good spirits, or your favorite way to have so much fun that you feel like you're a kid again. When I actually thought about it, I wondered how my FH takes me seriously. I'm a total goof! I can't believe that my future mother-in-law and father-in law don't think I'm absolutely crazy. I sing strange songs everyday, I prance around the house like a ballerina, and when adult swim comes on at night FORGET IT! So what do you do to stop yourself from ever growing up too much???
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Just for fun...

• what do I do to stop myself from ever growing up? I have kids! haha! I seriously go around telling people that I suffer from peter pan syndrome (will never grow up).

IDK, I just find that my kids are so much fun and it gives me a great reason to act like a big kid myself. I got a 10 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter, the possibilities are endless!

MY FH was a friend of a friend. We met a few times and a bunch of us went to a concert together. I caught his eye when he found me in a mosh pit :)
  • Well, the people I hang around with are insanely immature. I wouldn't change a thing about them though. FI and I normally only hang out with his bandmates and occasionally their girlfriends, and we'rer always having a great time/almost getting kicked out of places haha.  FI and I always joke that when we have kids it won't be a big deal, because we're already trained from being parent's to our friends. there really is no way to describe just how crazy those guys are, but they're always so fun to hang out with. They do the same thing on stage, and everyone always asks if their jokes are scripted because they're so funny.

We also always have lan parties, which is where everyone we know brings tvs and video game consoles, we hook everything up in the living room and play simultaneously. That's always a blast. Sometimes people come over just to watch movies or tv, we really love shows like The Whitest Kids U' Know, The IT crowd, and The Mighty Boosh. Those three shows are quoted in our conversations all the time.

FI and I will never grow up. We're so perfect for eachother, maybe a little too spontaneous, but it works. Buying a birthday cake in the middle of the night because we're hungry is normal, right? haha I think my (step)grandfather, Craig, also has a lot to do with how I'll never grow up, he pretty much raised me and he's the most fun guy you'll ever meet. He always does crazy immature things, like this winter my family and FI's family were meeting at a nice restaurant, but Craig was outside smoking and when I went out to get him I was pelted with snowballs that he made in advance for when he saw me get to the resatuarnt (but we came in the other door). FI and Craig became fast friends, which makes me insanely happy, even if they do pick on me way more together than they do alone lol. We just have so much fun together, and it's great hearing my grandpa's hippie stories!

• I don't like "acting grown up" because it seems so bland and boring. Only at work/school I behave myself and take everything seriously. Once I'm at home though I'm just plain out strange. I sing and dance when I clean. I play wrestle with my FI. We play videogames together and deliberately try to sabotage each other. When we go out to party we dance techno to hip hop music. When we're walking home we race each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards