Rhode Island
Options

Clam Bake Rehearsal Dinner in Narragansett

I'm getting married in Narragansett at the Towers, for my rehearsal dinner I wanted to do an old fashioned clam bake.  Does anyone know of any outdoorsy places that could hold 50-75 people?
Thanks!

Re: Clam Bake Rehearsal Dinner in Narragansett

• Options
    lwolf2001lwolf2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atlantic beach club does one
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.newportclambakes.com/

Kempenaar's Clambake Club is a blast! They have a big tent and volleyball courts etc. It's such a fun time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are also getting married at the Towers.  We were playing around with the idea of having a clambake for the rehersal dinner as well.  North Beach clubhouse is right down the street from the towers - and can hold up to 100 peeople.  It has a HUGE deck that overlooks the ocean.  you would have to bring in your own caterer though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is Yawgoo Bakes in Exeter which is its own facility

http://www.yawgoobakes.com/

If you are looking for a place ON the beach the North Beach Club house is perfect, but you'll have to bring in your own food/drinks, etc. like PP said, plus its a town beach so you might have to check if you need a permit of some sort to do the actual bake on the beach. 

You could try calling some of the clambake catering companies like McGrath's

http://www.clambakeweddings.com/index.html

or B&M

http://www.clambakeco.com/

and ask them if they know of any good venues/spots you can do this!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Narragansett town beach doesn't let you do a clam bake on the beach... I'm having my reception at the north beach clubhouse, and we looked into it for catering.
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://newport.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_clam-bake-rehearsal-dinner-narragansett?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:b161cc15-b8bb-412c-882e-0a319bc676a1Post:895f82af-3fde-4281-8ffb-f471bd30b75a">Re: Clam Bake Rehearsal Dinner in Narragansett</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are also getting married at the Towers.  We were playing around with the idea of having a clambake for the rehersal dinner as well.  North Beach clubhouse is right down the street from the towers - and can hold up to 100 peeople.  It has a HUGE deck that overlooks the ocean.  you would have to bring in your own caterer though.
    Posted by EBROSNAN[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I had my rehearsal dinner at North Beach clubhouse.  You have access to the beach but I'm not sure about actually cooking on the beach.  Our cooking was done in the kitchen and some in the outside grilling area.  We did have traditional New England food for the rehearsal diiner but not the actual clam bake.  

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using Amalfi Caterers and Alyson to do our wedding- they are based out of the Village Inn right across the street from the Towers... you should email her for some prices devaney.alyson@yahoo.com I LOVE HER... I swear I drive her nuts because I'm always asking her questions but she is pretty cool.  Definitely my favorite vendor.
    I love the North Beach Club House as well and have been to numerous events there- my mom had her birthday party there last year- its an awesome spot.
    You can speak to Hadley in the Narragansett Parks & Rec dept about info.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    kate1025kate1025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I have been trying to get in touch w/ the North beachClub house, but no one is ever there..have you had any luck?
  • Options
    cmariemaloneycmariemaloney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By any chance have you actually tasted the clambake food at Atlantic Beach Club.  I am booked to have mine there but I am reading bad reviews concerning party crowd and we will be right on beach.  I will not be able to try their food prior to my clambake and am looking for feedback.  Thoughts?
  • Options
    cmariemaloneycmariemaloney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have booked Atlantic Beach Club for my rehearsal dinner this 4th of July weekend.  It was affordable and does it on the beach in front of you.  I will not be intown prior to weddign weekend to try food or see environment on a busy holiday weekend.  Can someone comment on their expereinces at ABC, specifically if you have been to their clambake.  I really appreciate it, buyer's remorse I guess!

• Options
    heymeganzheymeganz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to ABC over 4th of July weekend...and it really is a huge party scene.  I assume since it's your wedding weekend you will be happy with everything, but picture hundreds of people in bathing suits coming up off the beach to drink and dance there all day/night. We went to meet friends and my FI and I walked in and out within ten minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards