Connecticut
Options

Off-shoot of christikao's post

How high are are heels?

I'm having my dress costumed hemmed to me (and my shoes) before it arrives (recommended since it has a lot of detailing on the bottom.)  

I committed to 2.75 inch heels. I would have liked to go for 3 but I thought it would be better to be comfortable with a smaller heel. 

Keep the responses coming on christikao's post! I need to steal some ideas :) 
Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Off-shoot of christikao's post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are 4 3/4 inches. FI is freaking tall (6'2'') compared to me so I need something higher. It's actually really comfortable. If you want to go higher look for something with a platform and if you are getting pumps or peep toes you can get those Dr. Scholl's gel insert to make the shoes more comfortable. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might wear 2-3 inch heels and change into flats or just wear low heels the whole time.  I want to be comfy.  My sister wore adorable bright blue flats to her wedding and they were awesome and comfy.  I might do something like that... you can't really see the shoes anyway :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 3 inch heels.

I just realized that I bought 3 inch heels to wear with a dress tomorrow to a wedding because I wanted some short ones now that I'm pregnant.  Whoops!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Banana! When are you due? You won't see me in 3 inch heels pregnant...you're a good woman! 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My heels were 3 and 3/4 inches and they hemmed my dress to match it. I wanted to switch to flip flops at the reception so I couldn't wear the ones from Old Navy in the flip flop basket and had to buy platform ones from VS so my dress wouldn't drag on the ground.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_off-shoot-of-christikaos-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:34e039ca-c2f7-43e4-9345-d5e9d1814a39Post:fc79b417-495e-4365-aff2-111a108ae6ab">Re: Off-shoot of christikao's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had 3 inch heels. I just realized that I bought 3 inch heels to wear with a dress tomorrow to a wedding because I wanted some short ones now that I'm pregnant.  Whoops!
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Rock those 3" heels! I hope I can do that when I'm preggers :0)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 4 1/2 inches and after putting them on and walking around the apt I realized that A, they were a little tight and B, there was no way I could last for 7hrs so I returned them and got 3inches. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards