October 2012 Weddings

MOH gift for my sister

I was planning on giving my sister/MOH one of those dual frames, the kind that have a hinge and hold two pictures. One picture would be the two of us from when we were little and the other would be more recent. The problem is I can't find a posed picture of the two of us recently that a)doesn't include other people and would be hard to crop out 2)isn't from her wedding where she's wearing her wedding dress. She lives in TX and I'm in OH so I can't just say "Hey sis can we get a picture together?" I could have it otherwise ready and have my cousin or one several people I know who are handy with a camera take a picture the day before the wedding and before the rehearsal and go have it printed to slide into the frame.

My other option, which came up because I was looking through a box of old pictures, is to make a photo album for her of either pictures of just us (we're pretty close in age so there are a lot of pictures of the two of us) or family pictures. I would have to spend literally hours somewhere with a scanner to scan some of these in and copy them for reprints and a CD (b/c I know my parents would want the originals and/or a CD of the pictures and I'd probably also want a CD). So now I'm torn. Do I go with my original idea of just the thena and now frame or a sort of through the years album/family album?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: MOH gift for my sister

• I said do the picture frame.  You could always put either the hard to crop pic in or the pic from her wedding and just let her know that you want to get a different pic for the frame.  I think that I might go a silly route if it were me which is put the "then" photo on the one side and draw a pic of the 2 of you for the other side and write "now".  I would make sure to get a pic of you 2 from the wedding/rehersal and send it to her so she could add it to the frame.  I was to add that I am an awful artist which make the whole thing even more funny.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My sister was recently the MOH in a wedding for her friend who she has known her entire life, and the bride made her a photobook on Snapfish that went chronologically through their history together, from pictures of them as little kids to their most recent pictures together. Some of the pages had captions or inside jokes. It was a great way to chronicle their friendship and my sister loved it. I think something like that might make a great gift for your sister.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_moh-gift-for-my-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:450bf598-0ff6-4af9-872b-4242f4ecf335Post:be2e92ec-3cd3-49a6-ab8c-fd9d067b087d">Re:MOH gift for my sister</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister was recently the MOH in a wedding for her friend who she has known her entire life, and the bride made her a photobook on Snapfish that went chronologically through their history together, from pictures of them as little kids to their most recent pictures together. Some of the pages had captions or inside jokes. It was a great way to chronicle their friendship and my sister loved it. I think something like that might make a great gift for your sister.
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

This is what I did to ask each of my girls to be in my wedding.  Now I wish I had saved that because I think it would be a great gift. 
    I would probably go with the frame too.  I think I'm probably doing some sort of frame for each of my girls with a picture from the wedding in it.  What I'll probably do is take out the picture that comes with the frame and put some sort of note in that says "picture from wedding to be added" or something like that.  Then I'll send the picture later.  It's not ideal but it'll work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_moh-gift-for-my-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:450bf598-0ff6-4af9-872b-4242f4ecf335Post:6d705a9e-d1e8-4ab6-b9c1-d21e4a6433fe">Re: MOH gift for my sister</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said do the picture frame.  You could always put either the hard to crop pic in or the pic from her wedding and just let her know that you want to get a different pic for the frame.  <strong>I think that I might go a silly route if it were me which is put the "then" photo on the one side and draw a pic of the 2 of you for the other side and write "now</strong>".  I would make sure to get a pic of you 2 from the wedding/rehersal and send it to her so she could add it to the frame.  I was to add that I am an awful artist which make the whole thing even more funny.
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

I think this is a cute idea!
  • What if you did a picture of the two of you from her wedding then told her to add a picture of the two of you from your wedding?
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • What about doing a picture from when you were little and then putting a note on the other side that says "to be filled by a picture from my wedding."
    Anniversary
  • I think it would be beautiful and thoughtful for you to do you together on her wedding day on one side and on your wedding day on the other side..once your day is over...you can always print a cute little notice saying picture coming soon to slide in the empty frame.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the then and now photos would be the most sentimental. Maybe go out and have a friend take just a pic of you and her. I dont think that would be weird, my sis and I take pics together a lot.
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards