Connecticut
Options

Wadsworth Mansion site?

I'm thinking about having my wedding at the Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown. I'm a little nervous about the separate rooms for seating...has anyone had their wedding there and have any input about the seating arrangements? Did you find it difficult to have to separate your guests?

Re: Wadsworth Mansion site?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    #1 Reason why I didn't choose it.. Makes me super sad because it's still my number one choice. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_wadsworth-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:286132ff-8a85-4e53-bb75-886b2d07ef84Post:39fa9fcb-0062-4e2e-9317-0552b958a471">Re: Wadsworth Mansion site?</a>:
    [QUOTE]#1 Reason why I didn't choose it.. Makes me super sad because it's still my number one choice. 
    Posted by Raimey23[/QUOTE]

<<Sigh />> Ditto this. I wanted to get married there SO BAD. But the separate rooms, and all the vendors needed - plus a tent incase you wanted to have outside space (incase it rains), just all realistically pointed to no for my wedding.

If you are having a small wedding- I think it's perfect. The larger the wedding, the harder it is. I know of people who have had weddings there, and heard a lot of things- but it really comes down to you invisioning your day. Would you mind having your head table in the "lobby" between the two rooms, and have your guests in separate rooms? Then for dance space- the easiest option is to have it outside to allow for the rooms to stay as tabled rooms. It's a lot to think about. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My cousin was married there and it was absolutely beautiful.  I did think it was odd at first for everyone to be separated in different rooms but it really didn't matter.  Most of the fun is going to happen on the dance floor or outside where everyone will be together anyway.  Just make sure your dj announces the important moments (i.e. first dance, parent dances, cake cutting etc) as they normally would so that your guests know to join you in the main room.  We had an amazing time!  I wouldn't let the separate rooms make you cross off your number 1 choice. GL 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards