Canada-Ontario

tux rentals

Has anybody had experience with tuxedo rentals? Does each guy usually come in to pick up their own tux or does the groom usually do this for all? Which place has the best price and service? I've heard horror stories of groomsmen with tuxes that are too short or too tight. I have out of towners so there won't be time for errors. Do you know any place with a good reputation?

Re: tux rentals

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Freeman Formalware.  They gave us a coupon at a bridal show and it was worth using.  I think they boys paid $100 each and DH got his for free, including pants, shoes, shirt, vest, jacket, tie/bowtie, pocket square, and socks.  The deposit was $20 total for all 5 boys.

DH went out there with me to check it out and to get details, then they all went together and got measured and picked out a style.  They had to go back 2 weeks before the date to get re-sized and make sure everything was fine, and then they picked them up the day before.  Some went with DH and some had to go on their own time, and they had to be returned by the Monday after the wedding.  We were happy with their service and it was a very easy process.

There are a few locations you can go to - they have catalogues for them at Tip Top Taylor, but you have to go to a Freeman showroom to try anything on.

Helpful hint - make sure they get an extra shirt (DH had a french cuff shirt he wanted to wear instead of their own anyway), because if its a hot day or you are out taking pictures, they may want to change into a fresh one come the reception!

• colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_tux-rentals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:b45f5a71-7213-4af7-a932-2c06e9163551Post:5967ece3-82b9-46d9-b252-34a974b11a9f">Re: tux rentals</a>:
    [QUOTE]They had to go back 2 weeks before the date to get re-sized and make sure everything was fine, and then they picked them up the day before.  Some went with DH and some had to go on their own time, and they had to be returned by the Monday after the wedding.Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]

From what my Hubz told me ..Tuxedo Royale is the same way.  All the guy went together to look at styles but then they had to pick them up on their own later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards