Ohio-Northeast

Manakiki - Room for Dancing?

Our wedding is this August at Manakiki in Willoughby.  Our ceremony is outside and our Reception is in the Courtyard, which is kind of outside...It is under a tent surrounded mostly by brick walls.  The bar is inside right off the tent, and so is our ceremony back up room, which will probably be used for desserts and a kids activity table. 

I have a few questions.  All of a sudden my dad thinks we are not going to have enough room for dancing if everyone that is invited attends.  We are inviting 150 and we will have tables that seat 10.  Is this something I should really worry about?  My go to gal at Manakiki told me she has done bigger weddings there and has had plenty of room.  Inside the bar area and ceremony back up room, there is plenty of room to add a few tables and there are also wide open windows and doors to the main reception area, but isn't that rude to separate guests? 

OR should I just trust that Manakiki knows what they are doing?   I'm sure they do but it is hard to picture without the tables set up. 

Re: Manakiki - Room for Dancing?

• edited December 2011
    It might be a little tight, but manakki (sammy's) totally knows what they are doing. also a smaller dance floor is better, puts people closer together, close people = more NRG = better party
  • crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We had limited room for dancing so we removed the head table after the initial dances to make more room.  I thought it would be really noticeable, but the Hyatt staff did it so quickly and those of us already on the dance floor had no idea.  Just another option to consider if you really want more space.
  • crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We were thinking about just pushing it up against the wall.  But now that I think about it, we probably won't need it at all.  All of our bridal party has someone to sit with if they choose to. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards