Illinois-Chicago
Options

Need space to rent for white tent wedding!

Hello!
My fiance and I are throwing around the idea of having an outdoor wedding with a beautiful white tent.
Problem is, we need a pretty space to host.

Are there forest preserves or park districts that rent out land for a white tent event?

I'm in the south suburbs of Chicaog,so anything within 40 minutes is doable.

Thank you!

Re: Need space to rent for white tent wedding!

• Options
    The Narnia Estate has a tent, I think.  They're in Lemont.

In Chicago you can go to Galleria Marchetti.  They have a nice tent with a brick floor and a very nice garden. 

I think the Patrick Haley mansion in Joliet has one, but I've never been there.

Farther away is the Cantigny Museum. 

Forest preserves may have space, etc.  But contact the tent companies.  They know of places that are more tent friendly.  There's Wilson Rental in the south suburbs, AAA in Gurnee, one in Lombard I can't remember the name of, and others. 
  • Options
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Most park districts will not allow alcohol on their property. It is alllowed at forest preserves, but you have to get something booked really quickly. The best forest preserve spaces book up quickly: you are not only competing with other people having weddings, but also corporate events, birthday parties, company picnics, etc.

Bringing in a tent in forest preserves can become expensive. I know my rental company is charging us $250.00 for same day service, which is the most affordable I've found, or at least their quote came in one of the most competitive. I had other rental companies tell me they don't offer same day service and others have quoted me up to $1,000.00 for same day service due to the fact that I'm having a larger wedding and hence would require "large rush labor". Don't forget, forest preserves close an hour after sunset so plan your event accordingly and make sure the rental company has enough time to take down. Unless you book the forst preserve for the next day, it all has to be out that night because you don't know what's going on the next day.

• Options
    Wow...thank you for that. I am starting to lean away from this now anyway, given all I'm learning.
    Best of luck and weather for your day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards