Ohio-Cleveland

Pro Disc DJs

Anyone use Pro Disc or heard anything about them? 

Re: Pro Disc DJs

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We interviewed them and they were on our short list until we found a less expensive DJ (Joe Wolan with Direct Hits) that we liked just as much. I'm sure Pro Disc would have done a great job though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I know you asked this long ago, but I wanted other people to see this reponse in case they were considering using Pro Disc...

We hired Pro Disc for our wedding based on a recommendation from a co-worker. We loved Bill's (the owner) energy, and we stopped looking at other companies. Bill was accommodating to our hectic schedules, and met us during times which he normally doesn't. Bill even met with us at our venue to discuss our up-lighting options to give the perfect feel. Where the issues come in are that we needed to meet with Bill two months before the wedding to make all of our final decisions in terms of what we were doing, songs, etc. At two months, it's just too early for that, not to mention that half of what we provided to him prior to this meeting, he overlooked so we had to wait for him to slowly type it into his sheet. We had a few minor song changes, which he confirmed that he received (had to follow up multiple times to make sure). When the big day finally arrived, one of Bill's employees was our DJ (which was fine), but the planning sheet Bill provided to him was all wrong. The DJ brought up the bride's father for a toast, which we specifically did not want, so you can imagine the surprise and embarrassment of the father when he was asked to address over 200 people with nothing prepared. The DJ luckily noticed the shocked look on our faces, and confirmed whether or not the father of the groom also was supposed to make a toast (he wasn't). After these two mix-ups, I confirmed with the DJ what he had planned for the rest of the night, and as it turns out, Bill also provided him with the wrong first dance song! This song had been changed for weeks, and had once again been confirmed. Can you imagine how the night would have been ruined if the wrong song was played?! We paid for an upgraded dance floor lighting package, but it was barely on all night. The DJ we had did not do a good job keeping people on the dance floor at all. The floor would be packed for one song, and he would clear it with the next, and then keep going in that genre. I called Bill directly from the reception but only could contact his wife on their office line. We played phone tag the following day, and I finally sent an email with everything that went wrong, and from then on, he will not return any phone calls or emails (has been over two weeks now). Overall, Pro Disc is extremely unorganized and unprofessional, and I would not recommend them to anybody.

• cibber93cibber93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I am actually glad I didn't see that before our wedding, because I would have been scared!  I am guessing that this experience must have been a fluke because I have to say, I was COMPLETELY happy with Bill.  He kept the dance floor packed all night long (we basically had to kick people out at the end of the night).  He kept track of all of our changes perfectly (including a song change I made about three days before the wedding).  His up-lighting package was awesome - it made the room just glow beautifully and it saved me over $1,000 off what the venue would have charged for the same thing (I opted not to have the dance floor lighting because I don't care for the look, but I also think his dance floor lighting prices were very reasonable).  I didn't have any issues with his pre-wedding meetings.  After our initial meeting, we met again about three weeks before the wedding to finalize everything, and then once again at the venue to discuss lighting.  Everything went perfectly smoothly.  We had one tiny hiccup regarding the timing of the cake cutting, but Bill corrected it quickly and professionally - I am sure no one noticed.  It was such a small issue that I would not have even mentioned it other than as an example that even when we did have a small mishap, it was corrected and handled so well.  Bill was very aware of where we were all night, and every time I needed to get his attention he was always easy to connect with. I would recommend him anytime.  A lot of our guests commented to me that the reception was a lot of fun, and a large part of that was due to Bill.  I am a believer that music makes the reception, and Bill did not disappoint.  He was GREAT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards