Christian Weddings

Bad work situation (vent long)

So last week Fi and I had set to spend this coming saturday together. This has been very much anticipated because FI and I get so little time together because we live an hour apart. So I marked on the schedule at work to have Saturday off so my boss knew to put someone else in instead of me (I normally work Saturdays) but when I looked at the schedule guess who is working Saturday? I gave enough notice and still didn't get it off. Then when I asked her about it (which my timing was very much off) she mocked me and my reason for wanting it off. The entire ordeal was very hurtful. I have been feeling like the Lord is leading me to seek another job but I'm nervous about finding another job because I am a little over 4months from the wedding and then I will be moving to where Fi lives. I can't start looking for work there because I don't have a car. I have considered a few options in the area I know could transfer but I'm still apprehensive about what I want to do. I have been working about 33hours a week and I'm considered part time. I'm being treated badly but like I said I'm nervous about looking else where seeing how little time I will be able to be there for. I am looking at my money options as well so that in case I did need to leave without another job in place I would still have money for expenses that are coming up soon.  Thanks for listening :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bad work situation (vent long)

• edited December 2011
    Wow, that sounds like an unfortunate place to be right now.  I'm so sorry you won't get to see your FI on Saturday.  My FI and I have to plan stuff like that too.  

From an employment standpoint, and thinking about God wanting the best for you, either the place you are working is a place you can be ministered to, or a place you can minister to others.  In laymans terms... it is a place either God has placed you to become better by receiving support from others, or a place God has placed you to become better by giving support to others.  If you're not doing one of those two things, it may not be the right place for you.  

The job market is scary out there, as several of us on here know... so the best I can do is pray that God will show you what his will is for you with this job.  It is hard to imagine that He might want you to stay there, but in all things God has a purpose.  Keep your eyes open for opportunities to support others or receive support, and if you can do it discretely, I'd definitely suggest looking for job opportunities that will help you earn $$ to purchase a vehicle to free you from this limitation!!! 

Glad you shared.  I actually felt useful for once on here... because I've been in your shoes before!  Horrible employer treatment, praying and praying about another job opportunity that didn't come for over a year and a half, and then when it did, it got taken away too, and then God opened the right door.  I'm not out of my current part-time job and into the new full-time job just yet, but I'm hoping that will happen within the month.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray. I agree that God knows what He wants for you. 4 months isn't that long though and it might be hard to find someone who will hire you that briefly, since you are moving in 4 months. Maybe God does want you there to try to help people. Either way, I will say a prayer that you do what's best for you. 
  • edited December 2011
    Your boss sounds abusive.  First, if you asked her to keep you off the schedule on that one Saturday and she had no intention of doing so, she should have told you right off the bat so that you wouldn't get your hopes up.  Second, the fact that she mocked you afterwards just shows that she has no respect for you and is an abusive person.

I wouldn't be dramatic about it, but I'd let her know that I wasn't showing up on Saturday.  If she fires you, then you still collect unemployment.
  • edited December 2011
    there's a lot of other really unproffesional things going on there. Like last night she had someone who wasn't a manager counting down my drawer. And that's happened more than once. It really bugs me but I don't have much of a choice, my words are useless to her.She not abusive as much as she tries to be buddy buddy and momma hen to everyone but when she has to get serious she's mean. Thanks for your prayers. Everything you guys have said, I have thought. I don't know what to do but I know God does and he will direct my path.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bad-work-situation-vent-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:dc4acb92-c233-47f8-84d7-a163ccce674bPost:96a1f096-8e55-4c58-b467-04fe14e4b793">Re: Bad work situation (vent long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that sounds like an unfortunate place to be right now.  I'm so sorry you won't get to see your FI on Saturday.  My FI and I have to plan stuff like that too.   <strong>From an employment standpoint, and thinking about God wanting the best for you, either the place you are working is a place you can be ministered to, or a place you can minister to others.  In laymans terms... it is a place either God has placed you to become better by receiving support from others, or a place God has placed you to become better by giving support to others.</strong>  If you're not doing one of those two things, it may not be the right place for you.   The job market is scary out there, as several of us on here know... so the best I can do is pray that God will show you what his will is for you with this job.  [/QUOTE]

Very true. The enemy tends to use people and/or things to keep us down; we are pressend but not crused, persecuted but not abandaoned, struck down but not destroyed.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't really say anything more than has already been said, but please know that I'm praying for your situation and that God will grant you the wisdom to do the right thing.  **hugs**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards