Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Marriage License

Can I get my marriage license in one county, but actually get married in a different county? I know the license has to be returned to the same county that you got it. But I can't find anything about whether or not you have to be married in the same county in which you got the license. Ex: Get the license in Dauphin County, get married in Lancaster County. Anyone had any experience with this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License

• Options
    kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yes...you can't take it out of state, but you can cross counties with it.

We're planning on getting our license in York because that's where I grew up, but we're getting married in Lancaster where he grew up.

Wording of PA Marriage License Law: "A license obtained in Pennsylvania may only be used in this state. The applicant may apply in any county and be married in any other county. (Such as applying in Allegheny County and being married in Philadelphia.)"
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    PP is right... for my first marriage, we got our license in Washington County instead of Allegheny so we didn't have to go into downtown Pittsburgh.
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards