Canada-Ontario

Carmens?

Just wondering if there are any other Carmen brides out there, or if there is anyone out there who has been there for a wedding. 

We've never been there for a wedding, so we were looking for some reviews from people who have been!  We're also interested in Liuana! Thx!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Carmens?

• suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally have not been to a wedding there, however what I have heard from 4 friends who have been to 4 different weddings was too much food was served, basic wedding fair, good but not amazing, a little on the pricy side. We are planning an early mroning wedding wtih a brunch and having a nightmare of a time finding a venue. We have an appointment with Liuna gardens next Satruday, then Le Selle Park Pavilion to see what they offer. I thought booking the reception was going to be fun, but between sticker shock and lack of understanding of what I am tryng to create I am very frsutrated.
    Sue-Ellen
  • edited December 2011
    Hi shoegal and Sue-Ellen, I posted a reply to another post on Liuna Gardens some time back. My FI and I were so taken in by the website pics. It seemed to fit the bill for our original idea of having an outside ceremony and reception by the lake. We went out to see the venue back in January and were SHOCKED at how dirty, tacky and rundown the banquet centre was. The gardens are beautiful but the banquet rooms are yucky :-(
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked at Liuna Gardens on Saturday, however we booked the tent which was my choice all along. The two large rooms they were setting up seemed okay, but I was not really paying attention as I just am not a fan of the banquet room.
    As for food we are doing a Marche style brunch which is pretty hard to mess up. I will have a better look around when I go to drop off our cheque ... *sigh* I cannot imagain starting to look again!
    Sue-Ellen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards