April 2012 Weddings

I'm just curious :)

What was your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite?
My favorite: Dress shopping and cake tasting!!!
Least: DIY'ing our invitations and handwriting all the envelopes. Actually all DIY projects I have not enjoyed, haha.

Re: I'm just curious :)

• pattib5pattib5 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Favorites: Going to the bridal fair at the beginning of planning and meeting with all the vendors. Shopping for my gown. Planning the flowers.

Least favorites: Shopping for bridesmaids dresses. Dealing with flakey friends. Tracking down people who didn't return their RSVP. Vendors who are way slow to respond to emails.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Favorite - picking out the dress and rings...makes it feel so real

Least favorite - trying to get others to do their part (order dresses and make arrangements) because I like to know ahead of time so there's no rushing around

• Favorite.. I think yesterday was my fav (except for the marriage license fiasco).... Nice to see everything finally coming together and I LOVE my wedding ring set. Plus, it was the first wedding planning meeting/day that FI wasn't finding something silly to insist on or disagree with. :) Least favorite... Firing the original caterer... What stress that was, mostly because it was the only caterering option where we're getting married... Or so I thought.
  • Favorite bridal shower because I got to spend time with friends and family. Least favorite bridesmaids.
  • Definitely cake tasting and the freebies from the vendors! I told my BFF I might pretend to do this again in 5 years just for that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Favorite: My showers and dress shopping!

Least favorite: dealing with tons of people writing in guests on their RSVP's and asking to bring people. Very frustrating and stressful.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite:  Trying on dresses and food tasting!
    Least:  dealing with bridesmaids..or should i say with a bridesmaid. Picking a dress was also painful so after going thru a shopping experience with them a decided to choose 2 and let them pick 1, which worked good bc I didn't have to stress about it.

~~* Jen *~~
  • I may be in the minority but I have loved every minute of the planning process.  Sounds like I've been pretty lucky to have a MOH and bridesmaids who are just happy for me, a mom who is supportive and helpful in the planning and a fiance who pretty much goes with the flow! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite:

All the DIY stuff we've done - I really enjoyed making the invites and STDs and painting our cake toppers! Also tasting cake. That was awesome.

Least favorite:

We had some mild best-man drama - he didn't know he was supposed to come to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner so he booked over it. That was frustrating. Also my FFIL deciding that instead of renting tuxes he would build goodwill-hunted franken-tuxes for all the groomsmen. That has been... interesting.

Looking forward to it being DONE soon!!
    image 122 Invited
    image 77 Are ready to party!
    image 45 Are missing out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorites- Going to the bridal shows, cake tasting, making our cake card box and Bridal shower. (Bachelorette party is this saturday and i'm expecting it to be alot of fun too)

Least favorites- Ensuring everyone ordered their dresses and turned in their tux measurements in time. I still worry about them picking them up on time or actually getting to the ceremony on time. Dealing with FH groomsmen drama at his bachelor party and stuffing, stamping and making out all the invitations.
    Photobucket
  • Favorite: Choosing our 2nd photographer. She is just AWESOME. I love how everything is finally starting to come together, and I enjoyed the DIY stuff even tho I'm a master procrastinator. Oh! And shopping for my dress :)

Least Favorite: Fighting with FI over stupid ish, RSVPs - people inviting people not in the invite, or asking if they could bring them, and my family who are all a bunch of drama queens complaining about people I invited to MY wedding and leaving others off. Oh, and then there's FI's BM (and another GM) who dropped out of the wedding last week because they assumed we were paying for their tuxes. Obviously we're not.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_im-just-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:d3d77800-495a-4a8e-b3e2-9d2d27fe39ebPost:a04480a6-b027-45df-ad41-70a5ebb6895d">Re: I'm just curious :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also my FFIL deciding that instead of renting tuxes he would build goodwill-hunted franken-tuxes for all the groomsmen. That has been... interesting.
    Posted by klingonpixie[/QUOTE]
    I'm dying for pictures of this!

Before we got engaged, my FI seriously wanted each of his groomsmen to wear a different colored tux ... like rainbow tuxes a la Dumb and Dumber. SMH Luckily he wisened up after we got engaged and agreed to a classic black tux. Though getting his father into that tux has been a ... challenge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_im-just-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:d3d77800-495a-4a8e-b3e2-9d2d27fe39ebPost:dfb03ca2-d266-4fc2-985e-58c3c250775f">Re: I'm just curious :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm just curious :) : I'm dying for pictures of this! Before we got engaged, my FI seriously wanted each of his groomsmen to wear a different colored tux ... like rainbow tuxes a la Dumb and Dumber. SMH Luckily he wisened up after we got engaged and agreed to a classic black tux. Though getting his father into that tux has been a ... challenge.
    Posted by pattib5[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh out loud.  :)

My favorite part of the planning process has been planning out our ceremony, it's really bonded me and B in a way that I didn't think we needed to, but we did.  Also shopping is always fun, for the dress, shoes, rings, everything.

I hate invitations.  I would be a happy lady if I never have to mess with wedding invitations ever again.  And I have hated dealing with everyone who keeps trying to invite their kiddos to our wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards