Getting in Shape
Options

Need ideas on how to drop 30lbs

Good afternoon everyone!!!!!

I am so excited for the holidays, and I am going to enjoy myself. But after that I need to get back onto a strict diet. I know working out is very important to weight lost. I also am taking viatmens. But I am stuck with what kinda of diet I should be on. any ideas? I want to loose 30lbs. Everyone I tell thinks I am crazy but, its what I want. Thank you for your help!!=D

Re: Need ideas on how to drop 30lbs

• Options
    I'm on a diet through my local women's clinic and it's part of the Center For Medical Weightloss.  I've lost 10 pounds this month.  Check it out.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    three words: weight watchers works.

I've been doing it for ~ 5 months and find it easy to stick to once you get the points system down. gives you flexibility, no depriving yourself, nothings off limits- in moderation, and a new upgrade due tomorrow focuses more on exercise portion.  really keeps an emotional eater (boredom, frustration, happiness) like me in check. If you do WW, do Meetings instead of online only. When i've signed up as online only i quit/ fall off the wagon but doing meetings I do so much better!
  • Options
    Use myfitnesspal.com to track your calories. It will ask for your weight, age, height, goals, activities, etc and give you a realistic calorie intake goal for the day. I've been using this for 2 months. Also switch to whole grain.. pasta, bread, etc.. A lot of it has the same calories as regular white breads and pastas but the calories are good calories rather than empty calories.. I started taking Oxy Elite Pro two days ago and that alone helped me lose 4# already (water weight).. I also work out at my fiance's gym 5 days a week.. Early in the morning.. If you work out in the morning its kind of like tricking your body because your brain doesn't realize what you're doing ;)
  • Options
    I agree with the other girls who have done Weight Watchers!!  I joined at the start of this year and in less than 6 months I lost just about 30 pounds!! 

I chose it because it encourages me to exercise (get more points to eat more food) and eat better things (like choosing an apple before choosing a bag of chips)  as well as letting me enjoy life!!

My FI and I are major foodies so this was the best way I found to allow myself to eat right but allow myself to "splurge" when we were celebrating a birthday or out with friends!!

June Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Need ideas on how to drop 30lbs:
    "I'm personally just a big devotee of various forms of calorie counting- Weight Watchers in combination with exercise has always worked best for me.  I like Weight Watchers because it's a healthy way to drop weight- it takes into account what's a realistic number of calories to restrict yourself to based on your current weight, and then lets you eat whatever you want as long as its in moderation.  It also helps you really think about portion sizes and what foods are "good investments" calorie-wise."
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

This.
    I am also a Weight Watchers member and I LOVE it! It really works and helps you lose weight at a healthy rate. I've lost 27 lbs so far (in about 9 months) with only 7 lbs more to go.  If you either don't have the time or money to do this, then my suggestion is to simply exercise more and eat smaller portions.
    Hope this helps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Calorie Deficit. A lot of people say switch to salads and stuff but you really have to be careful. Some salads can pack over 1000 calories! I recently lost 35 pounds. It took me from April until last week to finally hit my goal, but I know it will stay off. I used a calorie counting website and exercised. That's really it. If I go out to eat, I only order things I can cook myself (steak, no butter and a veggie rather than potatoes etc). You can totally do it, but make sure you have a good timeline so you don't get discouraged! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I started going to a nutritionist, which has really healthy. Whatever you do, it has to be a true lifestyle change, not a fad diet that will cause you to quit or deprive your body of nutrients. As pps have said, it's important to drink plenty of water. With a balanced diet, lots of water, and some exercise, losing 1-2 lbs per week is very attainable!
  • Options
    I joined Jenny Craig in late September and have loss 17 pounds. I will soon be ending my JC program but plan to count my calories on my own for a while. I have learned alot about calorie amts, portion sizes, and food in general through the JC program. I am confident I can lose 10 more pounds on my own. My wedding is in June.
  • Options
    I agree with many others on here, have a realistic time frame for wanting to lose the weight.  I started in September of last year and am down around 20 pounds. How I did it: less processed food (though trust me, i still cave), and finding things I love to do. My fiance and I walk almost every day, and I discovered I love Zumba.  It is not for everyone, but I found it woked (and is still working) for me.  I am not a runner, and I was horrible about making it to the gym.  So among all of the other great advice that has been mentioned on this thread, find something that you really enjoy doing and it will make losing the weight that much easier. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards