Ohio-Columbus
Options

Medallion Club/Scioto Reserve/Worthington Hills HELP!

I am trying to choose a place for a ceremony and reception. I would like to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception all at the same location. I **think** I've narrowed it down to three:

*Medallion Club
*Scioto Reserve Country Club
*Worthington Hills Country Club

Please tell me any and every thing you know about these places? Price, overall experience, etc. Thank you!!

Re: Medallion Club/Scioto Reserve/Worthington Hills HELP!

• Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Worthington Hills and it was perfect!  We had our ceremony at a church but the spot they have for it there is great.  The coordinator Rian, is so helpful.  I was changing seating the night before and she didn't even blink an eye! 
    They set-up and tear down everything for you so all you have to do is show up.
    I had so many people come up to us afterwards and tell us it was the best food they had ever had a a wedding.  I *think* there might be some pics in married bio of the reception set-up.
    Have you taken a tour yet?  If not, you should.  They were real up-front from the get-go about what costs were and they will be able to show you examples of what the club looks like all done up.
    They won't schedule another wedding the same day so you are free to come early and use the locker rooms to get ready and the grounds to take pictures.  We are members but my cousin, who is not, also got married there this summer and they would say the same wonderful things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Scioto Reserve and Worthington Hills among others & decided to go with Worthington Hills.  I loved Scioto Reserve but unfortunately they were booked all of next summer & I didn't want to wait until October to get married.  I liked the modern feel of the facility, the big windows overlooking the golf course, the bridal suites you can get ready in, and the fact that the dance floor was in the middle of the room surrounding the tables (and not at one end of the room where half of your guests won't be able to see a thing).  The only downside was that there's a $16000 minimum on a Saturday night (which doesn't include tax or gratuity).  Now the good thing is that this can include extras like going to their sister club, Kinsale, for a spa day or the guys playing a round of golf so it isn't limited to just things for the wedding/reception. 

I went with Worthington Hills because it again had the big windows overlooking the golf course and the room was open and bright.  Since I'm having a summer wedding, I want it to feel this way.  Rian has been great to work with there so far, very easy to get ahold of, and we've even gone in several times to look over some of the centerpieces they have available for use (candles, vases, etc.)  There's only a $5000 minimum on a Saturday night along with $600 room rental.  Most of the places I looked at were in the Powell, Lewis Center, Worthington area because we're getting married at a church in Powell.  With that said, I don't know much about having an outdoor ceremony at these venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards