Kentucky
Options

Wedding Cake Vendors

Hi ladies! Does anyone have a louisville wedding cake vendor suggestion? We're looking for some who charges 2.50 per serving and under.

Re: Wedding Cake Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is a little hard to find someone that cheap. I would definatly try to look for smaller local places for the best prices.   I know there are a million places in Lexington that do cakes. You can just google them, I haven't chosen anyone yet, so I don't have any real recommendations.  
       You could try this place http://www.thecakekitchenonline.com/id76.html I haven't talked to them yet, but I have heard good things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mondelli's has slices starting at $2.75-$4 a slice. This includes the majority of decorations as well. i've looked on their website and they seem pretty good, my fiance and I are planning on doing a cake tasting to see. They're the lowest yet I've found. Others in the area have gone from $3 a slice all the way to $15 :(
    "I'll be shooting for the stars with you" -She's My Ride Home by Blue October
  • Options
    jzilljzill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post, but FI and I are thinking of doing a smaller cake and then doing a sheet cake in the same flavor.  The sheet cake is a lot cheaper, so you could spend more on the cake to display and it would just be smaller.
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The sheet cake idea is good, but the best is to ask for an unembellished layer cake -that way when it's cut it looks the same as the "show cake" being cut and people don't know which cake their slice came from.  It's usually very close to the same price. 

Our cake came from Lexington, so I don't have a local baker for you, but my suggestion?  Do tastings.  Talk through all the little details.  Look at the photos of their recent work.  When you find some you like, then come back and ask for feedback or reviews on those. 

We had a baker initially who was less expensive but in the middle of signing the contract, he decided he wouldn't accept fresh flowers as the cake topper, which was a must have for me.  We ended up going with someone who charges more per slice, but the cake was perfect.  Her stellar reputation and the conversations we had gave me enough peace of mind that it was worth the price increase.

So - bottom line - a bargain is great, but also remember that sometimes you get what you pay for. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had a L-ville wedding in October.  They went with Nord's bakery, and I don't think they spent over $375 for a 125 person wedding (and there were leftovers).  The cake was simple, but beautiful, and she got several different flavors and fillings (3 layers with 3 different flavor/filling combinations).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klgandawbklgandawb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The woman doing my cake is from Harrodsburg, and she will travel to do a cake so she could probably come to Louisville. She is awesome and really nice. When we met with her, she brought us huge cupcakes to sample her cakes and she also brought fillings and different icings. She is around 3.00/slice, which is just a little over what you want, but there are no extra charges for a stand or design fees or anything. Her website is kycakesbyleigh.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards