Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Mckinney Cotton Mill

Has anyone used this venue? Im trying to get in touch with someone and it seems impossible! They don't have pricing on their website.....Can a someone PLEASE HELP!

Thank you
Tasha

Re: Mckinney Cotton Mill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I loveeeeee this place- I took my bridals there and seriously it's SO amazing. I wish I had knew about it before I booked my venue- it's awesome though. I don't know anything about pricing but E-mail them again or even try calling. I think they are only there during the week so you could even go up there I bet. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my love story pictures there and I am having my event there this November.  Darla Lovett (property manager) is usually very responsive to emails and calls.  I have taken vendors there to do a site visit on short notice and Darla has always been very accommodating and flexible.   The venue tends to book very quickly up to a year in advance.   What number are you calling or email address are you using?   Here is Darla's phone number:  972-838-7558.    Her email address is thecottonmill@sbcglobal.net.  

Keep trying.   Darla may have been out of town or may have had a family emergency.  Good luck and if you need anything else, let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One more thing, pricing is based on the size of your party and the time of the year.   The price is a little bit higher during the peak wedding season (April - June).   IThe hall rental only runs between $2500 and $3500.  Keep in mind that those figures are last year figures.   I booked them for my venue way back in April 2009.  So I don't know if the costs have gone up this year or not.  But I hope it gives you a general idea of what to expect.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...when we looked last spring it was $5k for a June wedding--I believe tables/chairs were included. Dealbreaker for us was it was 1k more than the Old Red and there was no prep area AT ALL for a caterer--I'm really not sure how they make it work.

That being said it is a beautiful location and we loved it--pictures are great there too
  • Options
    ag2011ag2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this location. We have attended at wedding there recently and it was gorgeous! They had the ceremony outside and the reception inside. Its a great place for unique pictures and the decorations. Definitely go check them out! Good Luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED my bridal shoot at McKinney Cotton Mill, however I wish I hadn't paid $150 to share the venue with 3 other photo shoots after being told that we'd have the entire place to ourselves and that The Mill never books more than one photographer for the same time slot. After discussing with the other bridal photographer, the band photographer & the family photos photographer, I learned nothing is farther from the truth. So just be warned.
  • Options

Does anyone know what the current rental rates are outside of the peak months? I'm looking for a ballpark figure.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards