New Jersey
Options

Need some help with booking shuttle service

Does anyone have a good shuttle service recommendation? I have called several places, I just never expected the prices I have been getting. Wedding is in central Jersey... I am looking for any amount/size of vehicles to get about 50 people+ from hotel to venue then venue to hotel. (hotel is about 10miles/15minutes away from venue)

Is it reasonable to pay $600+gratuities for 8 hours for a 24 passenger minibus?
That would get everyone there and back in hopefully 2 trips.

Any advice or recommendations would be great. I don't need anything fancy, I just want to make sure everyone gets to venue on-time and gets back to the hotel ok. And the idea of one big bus doesn't thrill me because not everyone wants to leave at the same exact time. But if everyone can't fit in 2 trips in a minibus, a third would have guests waiting around a while. I'm so confused here!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some help with booking shuttle service

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-some-help-with-booking-shuttle-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6725102f-b673-4540-98ff-8bc502000059Post:d6e6585d-ad32-445b-bd1c-46391fd78fe4">Need some help with booking shuttle service</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have a good shuttle service recommendation? I have called several places, I just never expected the prices I have been getting. Wedding is in central Jersey... I am looking for any amount/size of vehicles to get about 50 people+ from hotel to venue then venue to hotel. (hotel is about 10miles/15minutes away from venue) Is it reasonable to pay $600+gratuities for 8 hours for a 24 passenger minibus? That would get everyone there and back in hopefully 2 trips. Any advice or recommendations would be great. I don't need anything fancy, I just want to make sure everyone gets to venue on-time and gets back to the hotel ok. <strong>And the idea of one big bus doesn't thrill me because not everyone wants to leave at the same exact time.</strong> But if everyone can't fit in 2 trips in a minibus, a third would have guests waiting around a while. I'm so confused here!
    Posted by flower1316[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not sure exactly where in Central NJ you're wedding is, but I used Olympic/State Shuttle.  I did 2 25-person shuttles leaving from our hotel for $216 each, and 1 that looped for 3 hours after our reception for $337.50.  I strongly suggest doing either 1 big bus or 2 shuttles departing from your hotel for your guests.  I have never seen successful looping prior to the event- people either arrive 30-60 min early to the venue (which the venue hates), or people arrive late who are on the second shuttle and either miss part of cocktail hour or your ceremony (depending what you are having at your venue).  We told everyone in advance that there was only 1 departure time for the shuttles to our venue, and if they weren't on it they were responsible for getting themself there on their own.

</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Our ceremony and reception are at Addison Park, hotel in Red Bank (and I was thinking the same thing that I was afraid of people being late). I called that company today actually, they only suggested the one 24 person minibus doing multiple trips. So what you did seemed to work out well? Sounds like a better idea to me. I like the looping idea for afterwards... we missed the 1 bus after a wedding we were at recently and had to find our own rides home, no fun. Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-some-help-with-booking-shuttle-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6725102f-b673-4540-98ff-8bc502000059Post:d6e6585d-ad32-445b-bd1c-46391fd78fe4">Need some help with booking shuttle service</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have a good shuttle service recommendation? I have called several places, I just never expected the prices I have been getting. Wedding is in central Jersey... I am looking for any amount/size of vehicles to get about 50 people+ from hotel to venue then venue to hotel. (hotel is about 10miles/15minutes away from venue) Is it reasonable to pay $600+gratuities for 8 hours for a 24 passenger minibus? That would get everyone there and back in hopefully 2 trips. Any advice or recommendations would be great. I don't need anything fancy, I just want to make sure everyone gets to venue on-time and gets back to the hotel ok. And the idea of one big bus doesn't thrill me because not everyone wants to leave at the same exact time. But if everyone can't fit in 2 trips in a minibus, a third would have guests waiting around a while. I'm so confused here!
    Posted by flower1316[/QUOTE]

Try Allaire Limo...They gave me a really good price for our wedding in case we have anyone staying in the Mariott in Red Bank/Lincroft...they even let me have the option of splitting up the 4 hour pkg...PM me if you want more details..the price was under $500 I believe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards