African American Weddings

Vistaprint help

I decided to DIY my wedding invitations. Several of you have mentinoned using vistaprint for invitations, response cards etc. and I need some help printing my invites. I have a design I want to use. Would I have to use the 'upload your design' option and if so, how do I adjust the dimensions of the paper (for ex. 5X7 invitations). Can I specify what type of paper the invites are printed on? 

I know I have a lot of questions but any help is greatly appreciated. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Vistaprint help

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing at VP prints on 5x7 paper. Frown
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks. So printing my invites with them is out. What about the quality of their paper for response cards.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, printing anything 5x7 is out of the question. I didn't order their response cards, but I know a lot of people used the postcards for response cards. I liked the quality of those. It was really nice.

When I did my invitations, I just bought 8 1/2x11 paper and cut it myself to the size that I needed. Then I printed on it. I was able to get 2 invitations out of one sheet of paper, 2 mats out of one sheet of paper, and I think 4 response cards out of one sheet of paper. {I bought packs of 250 sheets of paper, each pack less thank $15.} I bought the fold from Cards and Pockets.
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. I will do some test printing. I ordered my pockets from cards and pockets too. I'll prob. order the paper 250 pack from staples and cut them myself. Wish me luck. 
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the response cards for my entree cards and they were great.  Pretty decent thick paper but not too thick where it couldn't fit in the response envelope along with the RSVP card.  I paid the extra (well I had a discount) for linen paper (to match my invites) and for color back to look consistent.  It all turned out great. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards