Just Engaged and Proposals

hair/make up trials?

Hi Everyone,

I just got engaged two weeks ago. I live in Boston, but I'm getting married in Westchester in August. How many trials of hair and/or make up do people do? I found some recs here on the knot ,but it is hard to do multiple trials, esp when you have to pay.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dana

Re: hair/make up trials?

• I didn't do any but that's because I was married 3000 miles from where I live.  I think most people have just one and they work out all the kinks during that time.  I would go into it with pictures of what you'd like and not leave until it's what you plan on having for your wedding day.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I did one hair trial and two make-up ones. The first make-up trial was airbrush makeup, which I ended up hating, so I went back for that and also got my hair trial done with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I'm doing a 2nd trial the morning of my final fitting. I originally wanted my hair up but it didn't look right with my dress. I'm doing my makeup myself because there isn't really anyone good where I'm getting married
  • I didn't have any trials.  It cost an extra $75, so I just didn't have one.  I did have a consult where I brought in pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like, and also brought my hair accessories.
  • Usually you only get one trial however if your MUA did a horrible job you may want another MUA to do another trial. But if you just want to make minor changes one should be fine.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards