Wedding Woes
Options

How do these things get loose?

On my little walking route through the neighborhood I pass not one, but two loose tampon applicators.  They have both been there for weeks, if not months.  Dead squirrels come and go, but tampons are forever. 

So how does one lose an applicator in the street?  One of them is in front of a house that has been empty for over a year.  The other one is in the park on a gravel section of the walking path.  Do people swap out tampons in their car and then just chuck the applicator out the window?  I know I live in Kentucky but even that seems like a stretch.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How do these things get loose?

• Options
    I would say from garbage, and then they pop out or are not in a bag and then they blow like tumbleweeds into oblivion, or your neck of the woods.
  • Options
    Maybe they escaped someone's trash bin on trash day?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Well, M2 has a thing for tampons.  I could see her chucking one out the window and me never noticing.  I could also see and animal stealing the inside for bedding and leaving the plastic behind.
  • Options
    A lot of times, mine will fall out of my bag or pocket. When I go to my friend's house, she doesn't like us to flush anything down the toilet and I hate leaving my femanine products in her trash so I wrap them in toilet tissue and put it in my pocket. I throw them out into my own trash when I get home. I try not to do this in her restroom too often because it is embarassing to pick up a femanine product that fell to the floor lol.
  • Options
    So...do you flush the tampon (used),LaLa?
  • Options
    I don't know; I wonder the same thing about those prethreaded flosser pitchforky plastic things.  The streets around here are littered with them.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    i do not understand why anyone would flush something that is specifically designed to block the flow of liquids.
  • Options
    Aren't they flushable? I know that some applicators are but not the tampod pod itself? Then what do you do with it? I hate carrying those things around with me when I am out shopping in the malls for instance. If I forgot it was in my purse it would probably start to smell.
  • Options

HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF A GARBAGE CAN? 

• Options
    Hmo - you crazy.   Dirty tampons (not applicators) are meant to be flushed.

From the tampax website:

Can I flush the tampon?
     Yes. For best results, flush the tampon separately from bath tissue. Frequent flushing is not recommended for septic systems.
  • Options
    af, you flush it in my house, you pay for the plumber.
  • Options

Yeah, I flush at work, and try to only flush in the downstairs bathroom when I do flush at home. I try not to flush at home, but sometimes a sista doesn't feel like walking all the way to the kitchen trash.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    i flush. always flush. for some reason, not everyone has a trash bin in their bathroom. and if they don't have a toilet capapble of flushing with a strong force then i probably already know about it.
  • Options
    I don't flush at home.   My house is old.  And I do not care for sewage back-ups.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I flush. I'm a renter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards