Getting in Shape
Options

7 pounds in a day!?!

I know this is probably impossible and my body is likely just being mean to me...but yesteray I weighed myself and I was my normal 140-141 that i've kept pretty steady for the past 2 weeks. Today I weighed myself and my scale says I am 147 pounds. Checked the scale. Tried again. 147 pounds. Is this even possible? I'm not on my period, so thats not to blame. 

What is going on!??!?! Its just so discouraging...even if its just my body being a little haywire. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 7 pounds in a day!?!

• Options
    Breathe!

It's totally possible.  In fact, I occasionally get those days and have gained up to 8 lbs in just a day.  it's gotta be water weight or something similar unless you ate 28,000 calories between then and today  ;)

Don't worry.
  • Options
    Haha, thanks :) I panicked a little bit. It was just really discouraging. I'm trying to get to a goal weight of 135 and I was SO CLOSE. Then my weight went up. It just made me sad, even if its just my body holding on to water or whatever. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Your body weight flucuates throughout the day due to food/water intake, so yes it's possible.

Also, I would recommend only weighing yourself once a week and at the same time of day (preferably in the morning), that way you can rule out that fluctuation.  I weigh myself every Monday morning before work to build a routine and to accurately track weight loss.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_7-pounds-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:847fe943-b6b1-4ac6-8be6-abd4edc72fc9Post:5f42a673-6796-4cb4-92af-653831f098ab">Re: 7 pounds in a day!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your body weight flucuates throughout the day due to food/water intake, so yes it's possible. <strong>Also, I would recommend only weighing yourself once a week and at the same time of day (preferably in the morning), that way you can rule out that fluctuation.  I weigh myself every Monday morning before work to build a routine and to accurately track weight loss.</strong>
    Posted by heyjude23[/QUOTE]

This is true also.  I'm one of those weird people who weigh all the time just to see the fluctuations.  I only count Thursday mornings as my legit weigh-in though.

Although, it IS really funny to weigh, go to the bathroom, then weigh again.  I've also been known to weigh myself right after eating a hug meal.  Just so i can see how much weight I've lost "overnight".  But that's all just for fun.
  • Options
    It could be water weight too.

• Options
    I weigh myself every day. I know it isn't the best choice but I also can put on 5 pounds easy in a few days (not just water weight). I actually only focus on the Monday and Friday weight. I tend to do much better with my eating habits on the weekend than the weekdays.

It will be okay. Relax. Keep exercising and eating healthy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I weigh myself once a week usually Wednesday mornings because I take spin on tuesday nights and feel the skinniest on wed morning.  I also don't weigh myself the week I am getting my period because I am always bloated and retaining water. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards