Illinois-Chicago
Options

MUST PLAY SONGS at your wedding

What is a must play at your wedding?

Need ideas.

I went to a place once in Wrigleyville and the bar was playing cool @ss songs from he 70/80's that made everyone want to dance.  I want something like that at my wedding.  

Re: MUST PLAY SONGS at your wedding

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the Cha Cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle at weddings. A lot of people hate those songs. =)

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
    Ima Be - Blacke Eyed Peas

Crazy in Love - JayZ & Beyonce
    Bonnie and Clyde - JayZ & Beyonce

I'm sure you can google 80's & 90's songs for weddings. I bet you'll get a lot of hits.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Play some Beatles and songs like Shout and Twist early, right after dinner. Dance/hip hop music later (Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Rihanna, Sean Paul, Lady Gaga). And then close the night with Billy Jean, Don't Stop Believing, Sweet Caroline, etc.. At least that's my plan. ;)

I'm curious: Are you doing an iPod wedding or are these suggestions for your DJ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I normally don't like the typical "wedding songs" but I LOVE the Cha Cha Slide and think it's a great way to get guests of all ages on the dance floor.

We have a pretty long Must Play and Do Not Play list but here are a few off the top of my head:

Drop it Like it's Hot-Snoop Dogg
    California Love-Tupac
    Sweet Home Chicago-Blues Brothers
    Way I Are-Timbaland
    Yeah-Usher
    Get Low-Lil Jon

SexyBack-Justin Timberlake
    In Da Club-50 Cent
    Check on It-Beyonce
    Work It-Missy Elliot
    Poison-Bel Biv Devoe

There isn't a single 80s song on this list so this might not be so helpful . . .

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we have requested that the DJ not play the chicken dance and electric slide type of songs. we want him to play good songs rather than gimmicky songs to get people on the dance floor. we also love the idea of remixed versions of classic songs. i can't honestly see myself orchestrating the entire song queue for five hours of reception time. if i was going to do that i would just rather get an ipod. i'm paying the dj to read the crowd, use a handful of suggestions so he knows what type of music we like, and go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards