Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Ceiling draping?

I really want ceiling draping at my reception so I've been researching different rental places.  Have any of you/are any of you doing this as well??  If so, where did you rent it from and how much did it cost?  I'm trying to find the best deal possible...$700 seems to be the going rate, but that seems like an awful lot to me!  Thanks!
August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*

Re: Ceiling draping?

• Options
    edited December 2011

At first I really wanted ceiling draping, but decided it wasn't in the budget for us.  I reached out to Richfield Flowers and it was going to be $1,200 and reached out to Heartstrings in Hopikins who on their price list shows $699 for ceiling draping.  When I reched out to them it was going to be $899 for our venue.  You might want to reach out to Heartstrings if you haven't already...

• Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were able to split the cost with the couple the next day, so we only paid $350 or so (if I remember right) with Sitting Pretty.  Smooth transaction, would recommend them again!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check with your venue on who they recommend. We asked for a quote from a vendor only to find out that our venue only allows a certain company to do it. We are waiting to hear back from them on who we can use, but will probably skip it now since I'm sure their vendor is not going to be cheap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going through Midway Party Rental.  It is $700 but that of course includes tear down the same night since our venue says it has to go down same night.  I know if we wouldn't have had to take it down that night it would be 50 or 75$ cheaper.
  • Options
    rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Dynamic Drape- dynamicdrape.com

She is really reasonable- every one else I got a quote from was 675-1000 and hers is $500 she also does lighting so Im getting lighting for the ballroom with it!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sitting Pretty. They were the cheapest that I found.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards