Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower - Suggestions for Quiz?

I'm hosting a shower along with two other bridesmaids for about 40 people (not my choice!) and we're in the process of planning some games.
We're doing a multiple choice quiz about the couple that all the guests will have to complete and I'm looking for some suggestions for creative questions. We want the questions to be basic enough because there will be people from all different aspects of her life, some who may not have known her or the groom their whole life, some family from both sides, etc but also fun so that it makes the guests think. So far we've got questions about where they live now, where was their first date, first trip, what her job is, where they got engaged...and I thought you all might have some other creative questions that maybe you were asked or have been asked at showers you've been to. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower - Suggestions for Quiz?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, my suggestion is to skip it.  But then again, I really hate shower party games.  The only one close to reasonable for me is bridal bingo.  And that's because it doesn't take time away from the purpose of the shower.  Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had this problem with my Best Friend and my sisters.. The showers were huge. We did things like the dress the bride in newpaper. You break people off into teams and have them make one of the girls a model. The bride pics the winner at the end.

We put a few pics of guys in balloons and put the in ballons.. Peolple who got the balloons with the hunk inside got something. It was cute and you just add confettii to all or a bunch a balloons so they don't know which one has the pics. It was a short game though.

You can also always make the bride the center of attention and get questions from the groom. She how well she really knows her man!! When she misses a question she eats gum. We got this old bubble yum gums to make her mouth really full it was hilarious.

Hope that helps
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starbuckchicstarbuckchic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best bridal shower game I saw required some pre-planning, but it was so cute :)  The MOH & BMs put together a list of questions in advance and asked the groom each question, and videotaped the entire thing.  At the shower they asked the bride the same question, after she answered they played the groom's response.  It was pretty dramatic, we were all waiting with bated breath to see if her groom answered correctly :)  It was hilarious and really cool.

I like the gift bingo game the best, but since it's such a staple (and I'm super competitive) I make sure to check out the bride's registry before I leave for the shower to get the best idea of what she'll open!  Now everyone knows the secret to my winning streak ;)

This isn't a game, but I thought it was a cute idea.  The bridal shower is really more about domestic supplies and sometimes the guys get left out.  At another shower the groom came for the last 30 minutes of the party and was presented with his own gift basket:  a Styrofoam container filled with his favorite snacks, car gear and energy drinks.  When your fiancé helps register make sure he picks out something he really wants, and present that to him at the end of the shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards