California-Northern

Need advice, beach/park wedding

We have not found a venue yet, or a exact location for a wedding but we are interested in the Santa Barbara area. We want to keep our budget as minimal as possible. Has anyone ever had their ceremony and reception at a state beach? I know the fees for the ceremony are minimal but what requirments are there for alcohol, music, bathrooms ect... I am begining to think getting the required permits for a state park/beach will be more costly and time consuming than just finding a venue who takes care of it all. The state beach we were considering is El Capitan Beach and Lawn. Also, I want an out door reception under a big white tent (my dream I guess). Any one know of a good venue in CA that offers this? I have looked at some venue pages but I have to admit nothing has cought my eye and made me get the feeling I think I should be getting.

No date is set yet, but warm weather is a must, so probably late Sept.

Re: Need advice, beach/park wedding

• home2sarahome2sara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have not found a venue yet, or a exact location for a wedding but we are interested in the Santa Barbara area. We want to keep our budget as minimal as possible. Has anyone ever had their ceremony and reception at a state beach? I know the fees for the ceremony are minimal but what requirments are there for alcohol, music, bathrooms ect... I am begining to think getting the required permits for a state park/beach will be more costly and time consuming than just finding a venue who takes care of it all. The state beach we were considering is El Capitan Beach and Lawn. Also, I want an out door reception under a big white tent (my dream I guess). Any one know of a good venue in CA that offers this? I have looked at some venue pages but I have to admit nothing has cought my eye and made me get the feeling I think I should be getting.

No date is set yet, but warm weather is a must, so probably late Sept.
  • In Santa Barbara, you're pretty likely to get warm weather into the fall. I went to college in San Luis Obispo, about an hour north of SB, and warm weather lasts consistently into early November, sometimes longer. Whoever moved your thread should have put you in Central CA though, since SB is not NorCal. Central CA should be able to help you better than North!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards