April 2013 Weddings
Options

Cake. Check!

Hi! We went and picked out our cake today! Almond cake with vanilla creme filling and buttercream frosting. It went well, except FI daughter had a FIT that we were not picking a red velvet cake with purple frosting. I thought it would be fun to take her with to taste, but think we will end up doing the rest alone. Our cake is going to be so pretty! Simple and elegant!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Cake. Check!

• Options
    Awesome, sounds so delicious!

Anniversary
  • Options
    that is great! your cake sounds yummy! We are hoping to get that done as soon as FI has a weekend day off that we are not already busy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    awesome check!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yay! Good check. As for fi's daughter, I think it really depends how old a child is, both chronologically and maturity wise, how much you involve them in wedding planning. With young children, and probably especially when you're a step parent, it's best to leave them at home. They may have trouble with the attention and choices not being their's. And it should be explained to them before going to any wedding related choosing appointments, that the grown ups are getting married, and that means they get to make the choices. She can let you know what she likes, but it's ultimately your choice. Maybe she can have a red velvet and puple frosting cake for her next birthday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    I like the birthday cake idea, that'd be a nice gesture!

How exciting that you got this task completed! :)

We've got a concert this weekend and then after that cake tasting is next on my list!!! :D

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the birthday cake idea! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    Nice! I can't wait to go cake tasting in November.. it will be the best part of planning :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards