Catholic Weddings
Options

Friday!!

What's everyone up to this weekend?  I'm feeling super jealous of Professor and her Newport, RI trip!  This weekend I'm dogsitting out in the country.  It's usually a really nice break for me, but unfortunately between throwing a shower and needing to get blood drawn this weekend, it's looking like I'll be driving a lot.  Not my idea of relaxing!

Oh, and now H's car has decided to quit, which means we're in the market to buy another.  I want to buy used, and I have a few other stipulations (mileage, price, etc), but otherwise, I don't really know what we'll end up with. I've never bought a car before, so I'm nervous!!

Re: Friday!!

• Options
    Ugh Friday - I wish it was over already!  I've been finding it really hard to concentrate at work the closer it gets to the wedding.  This weekend will be spent mostly finalizing wedding stuff, with the exception of going to a college football game Saturday afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your H's car!  I've bought a few cars now, right after I got my first full-time job I got a Pontiac G6 that I really liked.  I traded it in for an Equinox a few years ago because I wanted something AWD for the winters, and so we had more room when we traveled with the two dogs.

My FI got rear-ended for the second time last night.  It was a minor collision and he's OK, just some cracks to the bumper.  His car is going downhill anyway, but we're hoping it can hold up for awhile longer until after we buy a house.  It definitely won't if people keep hitting it!
  • Options
    Resa-I only ever bought one car, and I'll admit that my dad and FI both helped me in the process!!

Erin-your wedding is getting so close!  I am excited for you!!

This weekend (we are leaving right after work today!!) we are going up to camp (middle of nowhere-about 3.5 hours away) with FI's family and some extended family.  They have a really nice fall foliage festival and parade in a nearby town tomorrow that we are going to.  I'm very excited-I love fall!!  Which makes me very excited about the view from the house we'll be moving into after the wedding:

We'll only be living in the house for a little while.  We are going to start building our house in the next year or two. But most likely we will be building on the next lot over from this so we will still have an amazing view!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Erin, I totally remember right before my wedding feeling like the most useless employee ever.  All I could do was think about the wedding, mostly because I'd remember something that needed to be done, and then I'd start stressing.  It really helped when I started keeping a little notepad in my desk drawer where I could write things down as they came to mind, and then once I wrote it down, I could stop worrying about it.  My boss loved the idea, because he knew that me spending a minute writing it down took less of my attention than trying to push it out of my thoughts for the rest of the day!

• Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    It's pumpking/apple orchard weekend for my family... and we're going to see a play of Around the World in 80 Days!

@Resa... Good luck with your car hunting!  I loathe car hunting and cars in general... they're such money pits.  I'm pretty sure one of our cars is going to go, soon, too... but luckily they're both paid off so it's just fairly frequent repair expenses at this point!

@Erin... Me too!  I got taken aside and lectured my wedding week for being super unfocused by my project manager... I suppose all te WR phone calls with family members and vendors didn't help ;)  You're almost there!!
  • Options
    Luckily my boss has been pretty understanding - he's been pretty excited about the wedding since we got engaged, and is actually going to be one of our readers.  I met with him earlier this week and he asked how everything was going, I admitted that I was feeling pretty stressed and apologized that my billable hours hadn't been great latel and might look pretty sad for the next week, but I was trying.  He said not to worry about it too much.

I mostly just feel bad because I know I could be a lot more productive, and feel guilty that I'm not getting as much work done as I should. 
  • Options
    my weekend starts in 10 minutes, and i cant wait.
    going out to a nice dinner tonight with a good friend and then tomorrow i will relax!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    A Potiac G6 was my first and only car. I really like it. I purchased it used last spring, and it's been great so far. I'm ready for Friday to end. It's 4:05 and I'm just eating lunch now. I have my bridal shower on Sunday. I hope it isn't awkward. : That fall festival sounds really nice! Those photos make it look so tranquil in that area! This time of year is my favorite. Sorry if the formatting is weird. I'm on my phone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have fun at your bridal shower Christina!  I'm sure it will be fine, I know I felt a little awkward at first having everyone stare at me while I opened presents, but it really wasn't too bad.

BTW, I'm jealous that it's already after 4 for you, it's barely 3pm here and the afternoon is draaaaaging.  Maybe I can get FI to meet me for a beer after work...
  • Options
    Oh man, yesterday was so amazing!

We went sailing (it was basically a groomsmen outing, but I went and one of the other GM's girlfriend went), and while it was absolutely frigid and we all got soaked, it was tons of fun.  On the way back to the hotel there was a wreck RIGHT in front of us.  Some poor older lady pulled out into oncoming traffic for some reason and got nailed.  We were right there so we actually got out to make sure the lady was okay and then H and another of our friends had to give statements.  No one was hurt, but the lady was definitely in shock and had to be taken to the hospital.

And it is really gorgeous here.  I only wish we had a little more time to just be tourists, but we're really loving it.  The schedule for the boys says lunch at noon, and I know they said wives/girlfriends are welcome, but I'm trying to make sure today is a lot more about the groom and that he gets to spend time with his friends.  A couple of the girls who came are going to go get pedicures I think.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Our flight leaves at 5:45 tomorrow morning so I don't think we're even going to sleep tonight.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards