Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Has anyone used Eesley Place?

I was wondering if anyone else had used Eelsey Place for their reception.  We had essentially decided to use them, but the coordinator is making me a bit nervous.  I don't know if we've just caught her on an off day repeatedly or what.

The packet of information we were supplied said there was a 120 person minimum for complete hosted beverage service (pay per head), and that while they had their own caterer you were allowed to use another one if you wanted.  2 weeks later, she is now saying that the minimum has been raised to 130 (and she "forgot"), that you are required to use their caterer, and she forgot about our appointment with her to see the place (we had to wait a half hour for her).  This is making me a little concerned about what may happen if we were to actually sign the contract with them.

So, anyone use them before?  And what was your experience like?

Re: Has anyone used Eesley Place?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of the place, so I googled it. Yikes! Ordinarily I'd say it's only one review but with what you've said and this, I'd definitely find a different place. Here's what was said:

I had my wedding reception about a month ago at Eesley Place Banquets. Although the facility was out of this world...the catering wasn't! We had a food shortage on about 40 guests, and that is no small mistake! I would recommend the facility, but add caution regarding the caterer. I know that everyone isn't perfect, but how does that happen?? I'm clueless, even after sitting down to talk about it. Just be cautious & ask questions first!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards