Kentucky-Louisville

Just Engaged! Ready to plan!

Hey everyone!  I'm Carly & I am sooooooo excited to start planning!  Just got engaged last weekend and I am looking forward to sharing all of my plans and getting lots of awesome advice from you wonderful ladies!  Sorry for all the exclamation points!!  Thanks in advance for all of the help I know I will need.  :)

Re: Just Engaged! Ready to plan!

• kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Carly! Welcome! My only advice is a tip that you'll hear a lot. Decide on what is a MUST for your wedding/reception, whether it's tons of guests, great photography, or the dress of your dreams, etc. Uphold that as one of your top goals (besides the most important goal, which is to marry your prince), which makes it easier to focus when you're trying to plan all the other little stuff.

Cheers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Set a budget, and work on a tentative guest list.  Once you know how much you have to spend, and how many people you're spending it on, it'll dictate a lot of other things.

Next step:  what's your vision?  Want a cocktail reception?  At a vineyard?  Elegant?  Casual?  Indoors?  Outside?  What time of year?

After that, work on vendors.  The location, the caterer, the photographer, and your hotel block (if you have a lot of OOT guests) are the major items. 

And, start looking through bios.  I've got a planning and a married bio linked in my sig - many other brides do too.  Check them out for ideas, and start your own bio if you want.

Congrats & happy planning!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  We're more than happy to help with whatever you need.  And we're a pretty friendly bunch I think.  Squirrly and snowbird are right on with their advice.  Someone told me the same things and it's made my planning so much easier.  I'm a super DIY and budget bride, so let me know if you have questions along those lines.  We're having 200-250 people for approximately $3500 total. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I really appreciate all of the advice!  I'm definitely a DIY-er... and I'm having an outdoor October wedding next year.  Those are the only concrete plans at the moment.  I know bios are going to be lots of help.  I'm trying not to look through them too much at work!  hahahah.. Thanks!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carly, my wedding is also outdoors, this October!  Too fun!  Ours is pretty laid back and casual.  Have fun planning!
  • KmettsKmetts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be sure to go to Bridal Suite of Louisville! Their gowns are so beautiful and different, and you'll love the staff there. 
      Some vendors to take a l;ook at are Vogue Visions photography, Todd pellowe photography, Merts Cakes, and masters of Music is awesome DJ!!
    Good Luck with all your plans! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards