Oregon
Options

Anyone having a picnic rehearsal dinner, reception or wedding meal or potluck?

Hi, I'm planning a rehearsal dinner potluck at a pretty park the night before we get married.  I'm inviting all of my guests.  It is an easy going way for guests and family to be able to visit more.  
   I was very resistant to make it a potluck.  My fiance really encouraged me to do the easiest party I could do.  For our wedding we are providing the food. I'm wondering if anyone else is having a picnic or potluck meal. Share!

Re: Anyone having a picnic rehearsal dinner, reception or wedding meal or potluck?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have out of town guests how would they bring a dish? You'll end up with tons up grocery store potato salad and bags of chips.

I would suggest a bbq maybe? Can you grill hot dogs and hamburgers and have a few sids and some soda?

The rehearsal dinner is to thank your wedding party, not make them do extra work
  • Options
    RKwedding2011RKwedding2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are bringing food as well.  Out of town guests don't have to bring food.
    Katie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would strongly urge you to NOT do a potluck - it seems like it could go poorly if people don't bring the "right" kind of stuff.
    Why not a regular bbq?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It may just be my circle, but potlucks go over very well in any circumstance. I'm in food service, however, and have quite a few friends that are or have been in the food business. We're doing a BBQ at our's and aren't asking people to bring food, but are letting people know that they can if they want to. We have friends that would want  to, so this works for us.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RKwedding2011RKwedding2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive decided to not do a potluck. Instead I will provide the food.  My family can help out if they want to.  
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a wise choice.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some burgers and dogs with some chips and soda, maybe a fruit platter or veggies.
  • Options
    can I ask where you are having the pcinic?  I am looking to do something similar in napa but can't find somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards