Massachusetts
Options

Bucksteep Manor

Have an apointment for a tour tomorrow- Anyone have any experiences with it? Love the idea of it, but concerned that it may be too "Rustic" for the family- friends would be fine though- Anyone else considering it, or anyone who has been there/ had their wedding there want to weigh-in?

Re: Bucksteep Manor

• Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been there, but I've heard nothing but good things! We were going to look at it, but their indoor ceremony space would have been too small for our group.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely a non-traditional venue, but the barn and tent are gorgeous and the grounds are enormous. My fiancé and I were seriously considering it, but unfortunately it was just too expensive for our meager budget. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are considering Bucksteep Manor for our wedding.  We are still trying to decide on the theme/feel of our wedding, but if we have a more laid back rustic wedding Bucksteep is a big contender. 

How did the tour go?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tour went great- We really like it- But now I am getting paranoid that it will be too laid back for my family- not the grounds itself, but the rooms... Plus up untill last night I had seen nothing but fabulous reviews from there, and then last night I found a very unfavorable one from a wedding in June... I am still seriously considering it- The atmosphere is perfect, but a few of the issues with the lodging are problematic... ARG- I HATE THIS!
  • Options
    lscocolscoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also looking at Bucksteep but I have heard some bad things about their food. Has anyone else heard anything?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shelskharma- are you talking about the review where there was no hot water and the staff was rude to the bride&groom?
    It sounded like it was because the couple went with another caterer and while I don't think thats an excuse for bad service I guess I can see how that would make the staff angry.  The other reviews I have seen are all positive!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    chadandmattchadandmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in August and the staff has been 100% amazing.  They are very nice and easy to work with.  I would recommend working with them.  They are great listeners and enjoy working with you to make the perfect event.  I'll let you know how it goes!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bucksteep is 10 minutes up the road from me.
    Two of my cousins were just married there and my best friend hosts her family reunion there every two years and they were very happy with the service. If we cannot get Gedney Farm we will have our wedding at Bucksteep. The rooms in the manor are very nice and there is even a common gathering area upstairs between rooms. Lodges are nice too. Stay away from the cabins on the campground if possible. Those are very rustic!! Ohh, and the food is amazing! Lots to choose from too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards