Offbeat Weddings
Options

activity

We're going with a halloween/zombie theme wedding. Everyone will be in costumes from the start of the ceremony to the end of the night. We're going all out with the decorations and everything.

Obviously, i am new to getting married since im only 22. I am not even sure how a wedding is supposed to go, let alone what you're supposed to do at the reception. I am also very shy, as is my fiance'. However, i don't want it to be boring. So i was wondering if any one has any ideas on activities for the reception that might match our theme. or even if it doesn't match, please share!

Maybe you remember something that made a wedding you attended, or even just a party, super fun. Thank you!

Re: activity

• Options
    My mind is blank right now, but one thing that I thought of is having the tables sing a song before they can go up to the buffet (if you're doing a buffet style meal). Some of the songs could include The Monster Mash, Addams Family Theme Song, etc. The DJ would be able to lead out this activity. 

You could also have awards given throughout the night for costumes such as "Best Costume," "Scariest Costume," "Cutest Costume," etc. 

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I love the costume contest idea!

To be honest, you don't really need to plan activities. As long as you have good food, good music, and good company, your guests will be fine and enjoy themselves.

Depending on how traditional you get there are plenty of things that are done during a reception from the first dance to the cake cutting. If you incorporate those things there will be plenty for your guests to see/do. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_activity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:31ab2ba5-d7c0-45ec-8784-992185a472a7Post:8685f17b-5cde-4b2a-8bd5-996b8c17c9f4">Re: activity</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the costume contest idea! To be honest, you don't really need to plan activities. <strong>As long as you have good food, good music, and good company, your guests will be fine and enjoy themselves.</strong> Depending on how traditional you get there are plenty of things that are done during a reception from the first dance to the cake cutting. If you incorporate those things there will be plenty for your guests to see/do. 
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. We didn't plan any activities. The only time we really interrupted what was going on was to do a couple of short toasts and cut the cake. Most people wandered around drinking and talking or were on the dance floor. 
  • Options
    a candy bar for favors? I seen that on a holloween theme wedding on four weddings on tlc
    LOVE IS SWEET!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards