Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

XP: Cake Topper Opinions

My FI is very big into cars.. working on them, building engines, simple driving, etc. It's a definite hobby of his. I would love to have this incoporated into our cake topper, as we aren't having a grooms cake and this is a great way to highlight this part of our life.

First option is this one:
http://www.karanaweddings.com/cake-toppers/honeymoon-bound-couple-in-car-cake-topper
I like it but don't love it.

Second option is getting a model of his car, such as this:
http://www.fallingpixel.com/pontiac-gto-6.0-obj-3d-model/10089
(but in his color of midnight blue metallic) and adding the cans behind and 'just married' or something else cute (and shorter) on the licesnse plate.
If I went with this option I would keep it a secret and have it be somewhat of a surprise for him. This is theonly model of his car I can find online -- he's been looking for a replica model for the last two years since he got the car, and has never been able to find one.
My only hang-up here is that the other one features the bride and groom, which is nice.

Any opinions would be wonderful! TIA!

Re: XP: Cake Topper Opinions

• I like the one with the bride and groom best.  
  • edited November 2012
    The bride and groom one is cute, but not as unique and personal to you two. I think it would be pretty cool to use the little replica of his car in the correct color, and love the idea for the addition of the cans and sign! You could probably find little Lego bride/groom or even other figurines on Etsy or something. And to keep it on the DL, maybe suggest you use a certain flower on the top? Or even get a little cheap/basic topper or something as the decoy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards