Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Best longlasting makeup for best price??

My wedding is going to be in August in nothern NJ and the ceremony is outside. I'm very worried about creasing and the makeup running if it is too hot because it can get humid. I typically have dry and sensitive skin, a very fair complection, and red hair. I don't normally wear makeup other than mascara so I don't know what brands would last the longest/look the best for a reasonable price. I would love to be able to buy the big name brands like Lancome, but I simply just can't afford them ): I am thinking of going for a "natural" look for my makeup. Any help/advice/insight would be very helpful! Thank you!!

Re: Best longlasting makeup for best price??

• There are a lot of great brands that make long-lasting makeup on a budget!  Revlon Colorstay foundation wears really well and photographs nicely, and can be bought at the drugstore.  Drew Barrymore's new Flower line (only available at Wal-Mart) has some beautiful blushes that have tested really well according to beauty bloggers.  Revlon lip products are all-around standouts.  Hope that helped!
  • The 24 hour Maybelline seriously lasts all day - I had to take it off the morning after my wedding (crazy, right?)  Also, pretty much any product will last if you have a good primer.  I would splurge on a good eye primer, and then just get department store shadows, face primers, and blushes.  Also, learn to work with a gel or paint eye liner if you're using one - they last much longer than pencils.
    In the end, you'd be surprised to find how similar the department store formulas are to some of the 'luxe' brands.
    Anniversary
  • I second Lobsters about the primer. I feel like with a good primer even drug store makeup will last all day. I'm a big fan of Too Faced primers - when I use their shadow insurance I can get away with wearing the same eye makeup two days in a row and it'll still look fresh by the end of day 2.
  • In addition to the brands the other posters mentioned and using a primer, check this stuff out: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Seal-Matte-Makeup-Sealer/dp/B005MZ4A7C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I live in the desert where temps hit 115 in the summer, and I use it to set my makeup when it's super hot and I'm going to have a long day.  It works wonders! My makeup stays pretty fresh - not just-applied-fresh, but close. 
  • You could go to a drugstore to find a foundation but I wouldn't recommend it. Only because of the fact that you do not normally wear makeup and there is no one there to help you find your absolute perfect formula/shade. The last thing you want is to end up looking too pale or too yellow in your wedding pictures!
     What I would recommend is to go to your local department store that sells Clinique. It is the lowest prices "prestige" brand. You will end up spending the same at a drugstore by the time you find one you love, anyways. There are trained experts there to help you find a foundation and will even give you a FREE sample to take home and try for a couple days to see if you like the formula/shade. I am in love with their Stay Matte makeup. It is long wearing and literally keeps you matte looking all day. Oh, and it's only $23...the cheapest one they have! 

Good luck!
    One day you will meet someone and it will become clear why no one else ever worked out
  • I was just talking to my stylist about this as she is doing my makeup as well. She told me to get everything Lancome. Even though it is more expensive, it is long lasting and well-worth is especially being outside in the heat (as my wedding will be too).

Do you have an Ulta Beauty by you? They sell Lancome and always have amazing sales and coupons every week. I am planning on buying everything in bits and pieces to use individual coupons and save. My advice on that is to not buy TOO far in advance as you don't want the makeup to get old. A month or 2 in advance is ok, she said but she said to buy the mascara last and no later than a 3ish weeks in advance.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013

I recently tried a new brand called younique its amazing! they currently only have eye make up becuase the are brandnew to the market but wow!! They sell these 3D fiberlashes and I couldnt believe how my eyes popped! And there minearl pigments dont crease I put it on the first morning wore it all day fell asleep in it and when I got up the next day my eye make up as still perfect! I work in a resturant so im moving and sweating most of the day so the day and for anything to hold up loike that blew my mind! those lashes you see in the last picture are the mascar not false lashes! if you wanna email me I can show you some more pictures of the diffrent colors its a great line!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards