North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse

Hi! Has anyone gotten married on the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse? Does anyone know how many people can fit on it?

Re: Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse

• Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put a deposit down and were planning on getting married there but changed our minds.  To get our money's worth out of the non-refundable deposit we had planned on having photos taken after the reception but it rained.  I've seen a couple of pictures and it looks like there were about 100 guests there but they were all standing.  I'm not sure how many it will seat.  You could email Becky Brieholz at the town of Manteo.  She was our contact.

FYI...when you reserve the lighthouse you also get access to the gazebo and the other area out there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Marshes at first, but our guest list is too large. I don't remember the exact amount, but I know they only allow a very small amount of chairs/benches there, so a lot of people would have to stand. I did see the exact amount on a website somewhere...I'll try to find it again for ya!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mnwell03mnwell03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony there and in the contract it says that you can have 30 seats...We are planning on having about 70 people at the wedding so I haven't quite figured out how it will all be set up (or if I could get by with adding more seats?).  I'm curious to hear anyones thoughts on this as well!
  • Options
    JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great timing, I was just working through this earlier this week with w.planner.  She reached out to other planners for feedback on the size as well as to Becky at the town and one planner responded with the below including some nice pics:

Yes I had a wedding there in early August that was 100.  Bridal party stood on the deck, bride, groom and Officiant stood on steps with guests standing around at the base.  It was beautiful!.
    Here are the pictures.
    http://gabeaceves.com/slideshows/clements/

I am planning on having up to 100 people and we decided to do it at Marshes.  It is just so cute and quant.  We will have the older people sit and our friends can stand around.  I have been to weddings where this is the set up and it works just fine.  If you prefer to have all sitting, you can also use the front lawn in front of the Lighthouse for the same fee (it is included) and that can seat 100.  Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards