Hawaii

Oahu Officiant - Trying to decide

Hi!  I'm in the early stages of planning my June 2012 Oahu wedding.  I want my ceremony on the beach.  I'm having approximately 5-8 guests.  When I first started researching, I read a lot about Captain Howie.  Now that I've been reading these boards, I see that Kahu Bruce is mentioned a lot too.  Has anyone used Capt. Howie or Kahu Bruce?

Re: Oahu Officiant - Trying to decide

• edited December 2011
    Capt. Howie is what pops up a lot when you google, I think it's sort of a gimmick (In my opinion)

We used Kahu Bruce and it really was one of the best decisions I made. You won't be disappointed. He pretty much made our ceremony go so smoothly and it was So moving/touching and special. Our family loved it, we loved it. It was perfect. I have his email address in my bio.  
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm going with Kahu Bruce as well.  I've had an initial phone call with him, but I don't think he signs contracts (he said he just reserves the date for you) so we don't have anything confirmed yet.
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ditto above.  i'm so excited to use Kahu Bruce!!

• edited December 2011
    I think I'll send him an email then.  I am starting to have second thoughts about Captain Howie.  At first I liked the idea of booking a whole package that took care of everything, but now I realize that I'm not too crazy about his photo packages and I would much rather choose my own vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    Email or call him Kahu Bruce is THE BEST! Used him in June, & he's the sweetest man. Give him some time if you email him, he's better with phone calls. & nope he doesn't do contracts just books you & is shy when it comes to talking money. But he's the best! Everyone loved him & most importantly WE LOVED HIM! :) You won't regret booking him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards