New Hampshire

Dover area Reception Venue?

Hey are any of you getting married in the Dover area and have a reception venue idea? We are getting married at Dover Baptist Church and can use their hall for our reception, but still wanted to look elsewhere for a few weeks before deciding to just use the church hall, But we are really striking out on locations. We want to stay with less then a 30 minute drive from dover! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! TIA

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)

Re: Dover area Reception Venue?

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • YuMMMy721YuMMMy721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I took a look at them and they seem a little out of our price range. 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in Somersworth and having our reception at the Rivermill. We were originally planned at Sunningdale Golf Course and had a horrible experience with them and eventually rebooked ourselves with the Rivermill and are SO happy with them. 

Honestly, the pice for the hall rental at the Rivermill is pretty comprable to anything you'd find within a 1/2 hour of Dover. The only place I found that was just a bit cheaper was Cottage By The Bay (http://www.cottagebythebay.com), but they were difficult to get a hold of and weren't super great about returning communication. We did a TON of research when we were booking our venues. 

Other places to look at:
    - Spring HIll
    - The Oaks
    - Goveners Inn

Let us know how you make out!
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • MOG730MOG730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Cottage by bthe Bay?  742-9701
  • edited December 2011
    How about the The Elks club in Rollinsford? Not sure what the inside looks like but I'm pretty sure it's across from some form of water
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding at The Oaks in Somersworth, which is closeby. It was beautiful!
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! :)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any information for Casey Function Center? I can't find a website online and there number in the phone book comes up as disconnected when you try to call them. Thanks :)

• Maine PlannerMaine Planner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was a couple years ago when we had looked at the hall.  The best number I could find online was 603-436-7040.  If I remember right - they ask 150.00 for hall rental.  The bar is only 100.00 to open and have them serve all evening, and the kitchen is yours to use or have a catering company use.  You may have to "drop in" if you're in the area to get more info - it's run by retired people who basically just have an enjoyment to assist with functions!  They were very friendly (on the purse too!)
  • edited December 2011
    I recently got married at the Oaks and highly recommend them!  The setting is so pretty, the food was great and we received countless compliments from our guests on the venue.  Give Leslie a call and tell her Katie sent you - depending on the time of year and day you select, they do offer specials.  Check it out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards