Texas-Austin
Options

sad...

That this has become a classified ads board.

I miss all the talking, but I can't be the only one who is provoking all of the ideas. It takes everyone in here to chip in, and create conversations.

Is this what you want the Austin board to be like??

Re: sad...

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are right, you can't force people to be friends. I think this board is a great resource for vendor reviews and bargains, and I love it for that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there . . . it seems like the board gets really quite and then picks back up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry, BabyBlue, I think most people are adjusting to post-Labor Day/summer's end/start of fall craziness, and busy with things.  I find these wedding conversations to be very cyclical.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I'm getting down to the end stages of wedding planning and trying to get more stuff done as well as going back to school. So busy!
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see where you're coming from about the conversation, but I'm perfectly fine with the for sale posts. It's much easier/resource friendly/ cheaper to buy local rather than buy randomly from the trash to treasure board and ship. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry! I haven't been on in weeks, just been caught up in a few things it always takes weeks to catch up around the house and at work after a holiday interruption.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second akg0053's response. and I find that a cultural wedding boad is where I can find most of the support I need during this time. I do like to see if I can help other brides in the Austin area though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way blue!!! I wish we were talking more on here. Ive had the flu and busy with back to school so im not on as often as I would like to be. I still have a year and a half till my wedding so im not leaving any time soon and I hope we can pick up the convo!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok.... well if the general consensus is happy with it being a classified place.. then I did what I could. I will meander on by every now and then to keep vendors out, and let you guys be.

:) Hope everything goes well for you all.
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBNT, why can't we have both?
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBNT, You shouldn't take it personally. We are all at different places, planning wise, and all have different takes on what we look for when we come here, whether it be actual wedding resources, camaraderie or venting. You do a great job keeping out the vendors and making sure all the posts are appropriate per the knot rules. You don't have to be the ringleader or the cheerleader, so don't put that pressure on yourself. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Baby Blue! Don't be sad or take lack of conversation personally! I really do like this board and like to see the occasional conversation (wedding related or not). Like others have said the board may be a bit more dead then others because of school, different stages in the planning process, illness, etc. I have enjoyed this board so much more since you have been the moderator. You are doing a good job.

I missed the get together because I couldn't get to Austin that weekend. This quarter has been sucking up all my time. So a 3 hour drive to Austin from Houston has only been a dream.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What SarahP and erollis said!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like to peruse through people selling their wedding items.  No vendors, but a bride helping out another bride by selling her used wedding items for cheap is fabulous.  I also like reading vendor reviews.  My November board became super chatty chatty, and I no longer log onto it because they no longer talk about wedding advice or ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Baby Blue I sooooooooo hope that you dont just let everyone be. The only reason I even started coming back to the Austin boards was because of you and because you encourage everyone to talk chat and share thoughts and ideas wedding or not. I hope you stay as involved as you have been as we arent far from the holidays which brings out lots of new engagements which means new knotties. I will try my best to get on at least once a day to help you keep the convos going!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not taking it personally. I am enrolled full time in school right now--- I have 5 classes and I am raising a 4 year old on my own. I know all about being busy...

The only reason I mentioned it was to see if I was wasting my time by creating conversations. I understand where all of you are coming from, and I am not hurt in the slightest. I am here to moderate, but I also wanted to encourage converasation and not just have it be people selling things. I am not bothered in the slightest. Promise.

Mybestfriend-- I can only do so much my love... I have tried for a couple months now-- I am so honored that you appreciate the efforts I made. I will still be around.. just not creating topics for people to talk on.
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do brides still do many get togethers?  When I was wedding planning, they used to do them every 1-2 months.  That way people really got to know each other and would post more info on the boards about stuff going on in their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards