Massachusetts-Boston
Options

engagement party invitation wording

We are having a surprise wedding.  Guests are being invited to an engagement party that consists of a five course sit down dinner.  We will be greeting them in cocktail dresses, enjoying hors d'oeuvres, then changing quickly while my sister announces that we will be getting married.  It is really important that people arrive within the first hour.  Any ideas for wording on the invite?

I want 'North End' to be on the invite because I want people to think of the potential parking hell BEFOREhand and hopefully plan accordingly. Where do we put our names?

Please join us for a special dinner 

to celebrate our engagement 

Sunday, the ninth of April, half past five 

Mama Maria's, 4 North Square, North End

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: engagement party invitation wording

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hmmm. It depends on how formal or casual you will want it to be. On the one hand, if you went formal, you could word it like a wedding invitation:

"Boston GayGal and BostonGayLady
     invite you
    to a celebration of their engagement"

On the other hand, if you went more casual, you could put in a flip part about "Be timely---this is a night you don't want to miss!".

I still can't get over how fun and exciting this idea is! How has your sneaky friend been with keeping the secret? :-) We were all so worried when she found you on here!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't sneaky friend's fault.  I am actually going to her wedding this evening!  
    She actually doesn't really have contact with the other guests so I am not too worried about it.  I appreciate your concern though :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure, would adding "promptly" be okay etiquette-wise?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards