Getting in Shape
Options

Any bigger brides worrying about your arms?

I am doing all that I can to lose weight for my April wedding, and plan on wearing a bolero if it comes down to it, but I would really, actually, like to be strapless/ sleeveless. 

The problem is, is that I have stretch marks all over the insides of my biceps. They have all faded to a silvery color, and can barely be seen, unless I'm in the sunlight...but they do show. 

Is there anything I can do to disguise them that wont rub off on my dress? 
Does anyone know of any exercises that I can do to tone up the "old lady jingle arm" that I've got going on right now? It seems like I've got a lot of skin and fat hanging down that isn't budging. :/

Re: Any bigger brides worrying about your arms?

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A good spray tan won't rub off on your dress and does WONDERS for making little blemishes almost invisible.

I actually wore a veil just to have some pseudo-arm-coverage and felt quite comfortable. (Aside from hating my photog who was asked to NOT shoot be from a straight side shot and did so anyway.  Stupid huge arms)

And for the record: arm worry is not just a problem for less than skinny brides.  It's often genetic.
  • Options
    Are you doing tricep exercises? Push ups and chair dips will make a difference in toning up!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm doing tricep exercises, and that area is firming up, but its more the area towards my armpit. Not quite there, but just...right at the top of where the armpit starts. I don't even know of a specific muscle there...

How well do you think a spray tan would look on someone extrememly pale complected?
  • Options
    You can get a custom spray tan. It's more expensive, but totally worth it. They can specifically work on problem areas. Also, sometimes the first session is way cheaper (they want to get you hooked).

Exercises will help immensely, but for the sake of being comfortable no matter how tiny the marks are, I'd get a custom spray tan. If you're pale it will only help, but if you don't want your skin darker, they can do that. You can do a really, really light shade that would cover up the marks, but not make you look weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks I got to get my whole body in shape.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bigger-brides-worrying-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0b8b0e53-2686-413f-b61b-441219e9f1cbPost:48b6687b-335b-4277-8202-b81ee7c322a8">Re: Any bigger brides worrying about your arms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks I got to get my whole body in shape.
    Posted by iloveu4ever[/QUOTE]

??
  • Options
    Try doing pull-ups (or assisted pull-ups) and lat pulldowns (bar in front of you, not behind!) to work your lats--your back muscles that sort of come around the side of your armpits. 
  • Options
    I have arm issues to. I'm doing lots of tricep work, as that's the jiggly part.  Have you tried using some of that scar stuff, like Medera? I am using it for a scar I have, but it says you can use it on stretch marks to. I don't know if you've already tried it, but it's been working on my scar. 
  • Options
    haha jiggly mine do that too.

• Options
    Have you tried holding the plank position, either on your elbows or on your hands?  (It's like push-up position on your feet and can be done on hands or forearms. Bonus: it works your abs too!!!) It should help work the lats too.  Also, I agree that pull ups and lat pull downs should help.  Keep doing the tricep work and do bicep work too.  Good luck! I'm sure you will look beautiful no matter what!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not getting married until February 2013, but I want beautiful toned arms! Guess I gotta start now, huh?
  • Options

Me too!  I have been working out with a Personal Trainer for 8 months with pretty good success, but the arms feel like the last things to budge.  I asked him what I could do to get rid of the "jiggly" and he said weight loss is pretty much the only thing that will get rid of it.  No matter how much work you do on the muscles underneath, if you don't get rid of the fat, the jiggly will stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards