South Carolina
Options

Help please!

Hi ladies! I'm having trouble...when I start looking for vendors (ie photography, catering, ect) after looking at more than 3 I get super overwhelmed and mentally shut down. Now I know that before I can make a final decision I will have to meet with the vendors, but I need a good place to start! I wanted to try and meet with 2 of each type of vendor so that I can compare prices and services and make a pretty good decision. We are getting married in charleston, so please recommend people to me! Thanks!!

Re: Help please!

• Options
    I can't recommend any in Charleston, but I did want to tell you how we started choosing vendors. We would research their prices and look at their work (if photog for example) then look at as many reviews as possible. Then we'd email them and see about getting a copy of the contract to look over and ask any questions. If everything looked good, we would meet them. If they were nice, seemed professional, answered all our questions, etc then we would chat about it at home and book. If you don't feel 100% comfortable with them, then don't book. To start off, our biggest deciding factor was price. We have a very set budget so we started there.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! I think that will help relieve some stress. :)
  • Options
    Good luck on the stress! If you're overwhelmed, just set planning aside for a while. It'll be okay. :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I agree with morenchica's post....  Start out looking for people in your price range, read reviews, review their contact and ask questions. That should help you narrow down your selections.  

I live near Charleston... but got married in Columbia.  I used some Charleston vendors.
    Below you'll find my vendor review -- I highly recommend Photos By J.Kay for photography and Briteside Productions for videography (base in Charleston) and my hair stylist, Oakes Salon is based in Mt. Pleasant. 

Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Price range is key -

My photographer - Tillman Branch Photography
    DJ - Finger snappin entertainment

They are both in Charelston. Check them out for sure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are a DJ company near Greenville and travel for Myrtle & Charleston and Hilton Head beach weddings. I am a professional wedding ceremony AND reception coordinator with the experience to create a FUN, seamless celebration. Our prices are competivive as well $700 / 4 hours. Let me know your date 864-202-2655 DJ Lisa  
  • Options
    It sounds like hiring a planner would be in your best interest! :) 
  • Options
    OOPS I just realized I'm signed in under the wrong account! This is KayleighE... lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards