Snarky Brides
Options

Big score for the bar debate!

So today was the rsvp deadline.

We are at 179 yes
55 no
and 37 still missing.

I prepaid the venue the food/bev minimum in cash this week (my parents contribution cause they rock).  It looks like I will be coming in under the min so whatever is left over will get applied to the bar. My mom told me to just take whatever was left over and do what I want with it.   And if half the people still missing say no we are going to do some major upgrading to the cocktail hour apps. We already got an awesome package with tons of stuff, but now Im thinking of adding the really fancy stuff like lamb chops.

Score 1 for me!
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Big score for the bar debate!

• Options
    It is really so awesome when places let you do this with your minimum leftovers instead of it falling into a black hole. Win!!
  • Options
    M&M- You should have seen the guys face when my mom pulled out the cash and dropped it on his desk.  His hands started shaking and he was sweating, lol.  He thought we were bringing a check for half.

I really do love my venue.  They were so upfront about stuff.  Taxes, fees, gratuity, etc was all included in the prices so you knew exactly what you were looking at price wise.

Is it weird that I am excited so many people said no??
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Dude.  Score!
    panther
  • Options
    Score on the upgrades! Blue FTW!

It's not weird at all to be happy about declines, I was the same way. I invited 300, about 200 showed up and it was perfect.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Awesome about the bar!

I was so happy about our declines. We invited 170 or so, with a lot of those being family we knew likely wouldn't come. We ended up with about 110 and that was just fine with me. If I'd had it my way, we wouldn't have even invited more than that in the first place.
  • Options
    Sweet.  I think this also means you can fly me out to enjoy this food and bar upgrades. 
    ;)
  • Options
    Yayy you win! I'm inviting 310 and hoping only 240 come, not weird at all
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    That's good news Blue.
  • Options
    Good going!  I love lamb chops.  Out of curiosity, why did you pay in cash?
  • Options
    I was so psyched that so many people said no on my list (187 invited, 55 coming). It is  a destination wedding in the Caribbean though so we were expecting people to say no. Still, you can do so many cool things when you can spend more on each individual person.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    macqueen -  your sig makes me know we would be friends

Blue, that is hilarious about the guy sweating out the cash. Actually, I probably hadn't seen that much cash in one place since my current job. It is very terrifying!
  • Options
    Thanks Meaghan! Believe it or not that was the first night I met FI. Things haven't really changed much :) 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards